Sunday, January 4, 2009

Just for fun...

  1. Was 2008 good for you?  Yes, it was a great year.  I enjoyed being a mother and I got better at being a mother and at doing all the stuff you're supposed to do as a stay-at-home wife/mom.  (I still have a LOT of room for improvement though!)
  2. What was your favorite moment of the year? I think it was when Jim and Sharon surprised Luke with his own Thomas table/Thomas trains.  He was so excited.  It is BY FAR his favorite thing in the whole world.20081029-DSC_0244
  3. What was your worst moment of the year? Going to the ER for the most intense stomach pain ever and then spending $700 dollars to NOT find out the cause....at least the pain went away.
  4. Where were you when 2008 began? Either in my bed asleep or about to go to bed after watching some New Year's stuff on TV with Mark
  5. Where will you be when 2008 ends? I was in our living room watching CNN with Mark, and then I went right to bed.
  6. Did you keep your new years resolution of 2008?  Sort of.  One resolution was to stop drinking Dr. Pepper.  I made it until June and then fell of the wagon when I went on a trip to Arkansas.  But I limit it to weekends/Holidays now (mostly).  Another resolution was to take more pictures.  I took lots of pictures of Luke and I really enjoy our Nikon D40.  Another resolution--be more organized.  Sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not.  I also wanted to lose weight and I lost 30 pounds in 2008.
  7. Do you have a new years resolution for 2009? To continue exercising regularly and to find a church home
  8. Did you fall in love in 2008? I stayed in love with Mark.  I fell in love with him in 2002.
  9. Did you make any new friends in 2008? Yes, the girls in my Bible study.  I also got closer to a few friends from going to playgroups.
  10. What was your favorite month of 2008? June
  11. Why this month? Mark and I went on a fun vacation, Mark, David and Mom's birthday dinner, and the Woodson family reunion
  12. How many different places did you travel to in 2008? New England (Boston, Maine) Little Rock, Arkansas
  13. What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2008? U23D at the IMAX.  It was incredible.  I also really loved Twilight and Sex and the City.
  14. What was your favorite song from 2008? Falling Slowly 
  15. How many concerts or plays did you see in 2008? One--my all time dream concert--Van Morrison.  Now I just need to see U2 in person.
  16. What was your favorite book in 2008? Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.  Yes, I fell in love with the Twilight saga in 2008.
  17. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?  Nothing I want to talk about on my blog.
  18. Did you treat somebody badly in 2008? I always think there are people I take for granted and don't treat as well as I should.  Mark and Mom are the two that come to mind.  Although I don't think I treated either one of them badly.
  19. Did somebody treat you badly in 2008? I can't think of anyone.  I wish people had been friendlier (is that a word?) at the church we were visiting. 
  20. What was your proudest moment of 2008? Losing 30 pounds was pretty significant. 
  21. Where did you work in 2008? At our house.
  22. Favorite TV shows(s) of 2008? LOST, 30 Rock, The Office
  23. Favorite Band(s) of 2008? These have been my favorites for a long time: Van Morrison, U2, James Taylor
  24. Favorite Food in 2008? Salad from Chipotle.  It became our Sunday ritual.
  25. Favorite Place in 2008? I loved Maine.  It was beautiful and the weather was great.DSC_0569-Edit
  26. Favorite person(s) to be with in 2008? Mark and Luke
  27. Favorite person(s) to talk to in 2008? Shauna makes me laugh more than anyone else and we can tell each other things we would never tell anyone else.
  28. Favorite stores in 2008? Banana Republic Outlet, Target, Old Navy, Sephora
  29. Hardest thing you had to go through in 2008? Even though I had a wonderful time on my trips to Arkansas and New England I missed Luke A LOT while we were gone.  It was harder than I thought it would be to be away from him.
  30. Most exciting moment(s) in 2008? Having a fun vacation with Mark, taking Luke to "school" (MDO) for the first time, celebrating Luke's 2nd birthday, watching Barack Obama being elected President

5 comments:

Liz said...

30 pounds - that's awesome! What an accomplishment. And yes "friendlier" is a word. =) Lemme know how the church hunt goes. I know it's rough and discouraging at times.

The Captain said...

your post came up on a google alert and i really enjoyed reading it! 08 highlights for me were discovering twilight altogether (better late than never!) and seeing U23D three times and seeing Twilight that many times too! (but who's counting? ) also the heavenly Day and Age by The Killers. and i'm seeing swell season later this month (glen and marketa) so 09 is just warming up!

Mrs. Colleen Ford said...

Suzanne thank you for staying on top of voting! You are too cool! I appreciate everyone's help esp. those dedicated to it like you! Thanks! Colleen

Anonymous said...

that was so fun to read...thanks for sharing!
jen

Tom said...

I think you had an amazing year. I am very proud of you for all the things you mentioned and even for things you didn't mention. You are a treasure to dad and me. We thank God that you and Mark made us grandparents. Love you all, Nana