Luke got sick AGAIN last Friday and we had about a week of staying home and recovering. I caught his cold this time, so we are both still dealing with a runny nose and cough. I feel like we have had about a month sickness and I am very ready for Spring and for cold and flu season to be over! We have had to cancel plans with friends twice now because of Luke being sick. I guess that is life with a toddler. He wasn't sick at all until late December (except for a runny nose here and there) so I guess it could have been worse. But I am definitely ready for full health to be restored to everyone here at the James household.
I don't really have much to update but I felt like I needed to update. Luke is still enjoying his Mother's Day Out so much. Even with all this sickness, he has only missed about half of one day. Usually his illnesses fall over the weekend or they happened during the Christmas break so he didn't miss any. He usually brings a different Thomas train every time. His teachers are really great about getting it from him once he is distracted and putting it in his backpack. So, we haven't lost any yet. He is still 100 percent in love with all things Thomas. We hear, "Mama play Thomas" and "Dada play Thomas" at least 20 times a day. Now he has branched into wanting us to build houses for his Thomas trains with his Mega Bloks and we use his Play-Doh to make the different Thomas engines as well. So, all of his toys somehow relate to Thomas. I am glad he has something he loves so much and hopefully will love for a long time.
We decided to take Luke to Disney World in May. We are so excited! We have not ever been on a vacation with him and kids get in free until they are three, so we decided to go ahead and go. After Shauna, Jeff and Lily had so much fun, we knew we needed to go someday soon. Mark's parents and David are going to come too--and I think it will be so much fun to all be there together. I know we will appreciate having help watching Luke too. I can't wait!
Uncle David has been babysitting for us quite a bit lately and we have been able to go see a few movies. We always like to see as many Oscar contenders as we can before the show in February. My two cents---GO SEE Slumdog Millionaire. It is WONDERFUL and is worth seeing as soon as you possibly can. I really hope it wins best picture at the Oscars because it is just so good. We also saw Revolutionary Road. I didn't like that one. It was really depressing.
Here a two recent pictures of Luke playing in his "pirate ship" in the back yard:
4 comments:
Such adorable pictures - I am glad all of you are one the mend. I, too, am ready for springtime to get here. I am so glad he is still intrigued with Thomas....you will have to take track and trains in his Thomas backpack on the trip to Florida--I don't know if Mickey, Donald, and Pluto will stand for that!!
Ammy
i'm glad you guys are getting to go to disney! you will all have so much fun. good pictures... what preset is that?
thanks for the update! and we are tired of sickness too...hopefully this week will work out. i can't wait for luke to experience the museum!! i hope he loves it!
yea for disney world! now that i know this about under 3 is free, we better get cracking!!
thanks for the movie referrals...as soon as my mom gets well, maybe we can go see one too!
Glad you updated, I always love reading about our favorite little boy. I am glad that ya'll are feeling better and am so happy about your DW trip. How fun! Love you all, Nana
Post a Comment