Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Luke's Dream Come True

20081029-DSC_024420081029-DSC_0231  Christmas came early for Luke.  Yesterday Ammy and PawPaw surprised him with his very own Thomas table with tons of tracks, engines, destinations, and accessories.  I was speechless.  This is truly Luke's dream come true.  Lately we've been going to Barnes & Noble at least three times a week for hours at a time so he can play with the Thomas table there.  Any time we get in the car lately, he starts saying, "Thomas store" over and over again.  Now, he has his very own Thomas store at home.  He got to play with it a little bit last night and cried when we told him he had to go to bed.  He went to bed with two of the little train engines.  This morning, he remembered and ran into the living room and basically played there until nap time.  He couldn't be bothered to eat breakfast, but took a short break for lunch.  I guess his hunger finally got to him. 

20081029-DSC_0233

20081029-DSC_0239

Last night when he got to see the table for the first time, he immediately started picking up as many engines as he could because that is what he does at B&N.  He hoards them until other kids come around and I make him share.  We had to remind him that this is his table and he doesn't have to hoard them.  Lily and Shauna were over at the time.  Maybe Luke thought Lily was going to compete with him for the engines.  Don't worry, we'll still make sure Luke shares anytime we have friends over.  Actually, lately, we've gone to B&N so many times, he says, "Thomas store, share with friends" because that is what we tell him he has to do if he is going to play there.

20081029-DSC_0230

Thank you, thank you, thank you Ammy and PawPaw!  You have one happy grandson. 

9 comments:

Tom said...

WoW! I am so happy that Ammy and PawPaw found the train table for Luke. You can see the sheer pleasure in Luke's eyes. It was the perfect gift for an aspiring engineer. Love you all, Nana

David James said...

I want to come over and play with Thomas, Percy and all his friends.

What a great gift for a great little boy.

Uncle David

Jim and Sharon said...

Our pleasure is seeing him enjoying himself and being so engaged. We love the pictures. He is the love of our lives.
PawPaw and Ammy

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

wow, thats awesome! playdate at lukes:)

Jeff Olson said...

glad we could share the greatest day of luke's life to date. he's a blessed little boy to have such loving grandparents.

Anonymous said...

yea! how fun!! i hope he doesn't mind sharing with drew when he comes to play. drew recently discovered the train at books a milllion!! =)

Cristi said...

That's awesome. I want to come and play w/ Thomas!! Yes, I can't wait! :) Cristi

Pat said...

I am so glad that Luke has his very own Thomas the Train play station. I know he will get many, many hours of great play time with it - and it looks like a great learning tool!
Love,
Aunt Pat

Seth , Angie, Noah said...

Wow Gymboree & now a train table!!! Noah's grandparent's just got him (or rather mommy) a dishwasher for the entire family, haha. We can't wait to come play with Luke!