This past weekend wasn't a fun one in the James household. Luke started feeling bad on Friday night and got worse all weekend. He was running a fever all weekend and I took him to the doctor on Monday morning and found out he has an ear infection in the same ear that was infected a few weeks ago. So, apparently it didn't go all the way away the last time. The doctor prescribed a stronger antibiotic, so I am hoping he is back to his usual self ASAP. I don't do very well with little sleep and Luke has been so fussy during the day--nothing makes him happy except Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (and THANK GOD for DVR and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.) We have even watched it in the middle of the night when nothing I was doing was consoling him. Also, he is getting at least one molar right now, maybe another one. He hasn't been eating hardly anything and wakes up in the middle of the night crying and starving. Thankfully, Sharon aka Grammy read my mind somehow today and called just when I was about at my breaking point and offered to come down and watch him so Mark and I could go vote and go out to eat--just the two of us. It was a nice break. Luke was a different child when Grammy got here. He was full of energy and was laughing and playing. Apparently, I bore him.
Yesterday, even though Luke was sick, we drove to Marble Falls to see my grandparents (who drove into town from Brownwood). They hadn't seen Luke and Lily in a while so we had arranged this visit a while ago. I knew we would be bored and miserable at home and I thought Luke would nap on the drive down there and then he would enjoy being with everyone. Well, I was wrong. He didn't nap hardly at all (and this was after sleeping very little the night before) and was really fussy basically the whole time. But at least I had some help trying to keep him happy. I wish I had taken some pictures, but I was going on about 4 hours sleep and just didn't have the energy.
I updated Project 365, although now it is definitely not Project 365. It'll probably end up being Project 327 or something like that if I don't start doing better with taking pictures.
8 comments:
is it bad that i'm glad i'm not the only one?!? kate's like that when she's sick. and she does the same thing - acts completely healthy and happy when it's not just her and me at home. arrgh. kids. hope luke gets better soon and you get some rest - hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog ;)
I was at home longing to see my best buddy so it was a selfish act on my part to come down to see you. But I am so glad that it helped you to get some time away. I had the best time with Luke and he entertained me royally. Every time I see him, he is doing something different - this time he was just bursting with enthusiasm over the smallest action such as throwing a and toy and then yelling some outburst of joy!!! I just love to soak up his little personality - for I know it will continue to change all too soon into something else I can brag and beam about - ah, the delights of being a grandmother.
Love,
Grammy
Luke's cute even when he's sick... i love that when he's crying he still shouts out words naming things in the room. I hear you though... lily will have me ready to run away from home and as soon as jeff gets back... she's not that bad.
uggg...sick babies are no fun! owen was sick about a week ago and i'm still recovering:) thank goodness for mickey! he has saved my life too. hope he feels better and we look forward to playing soon.
hey suz! long time no comment, i know...sorry. as you know, i've been away from blogging for a while!
i swear i could've written this exact post. (except for the mickey mouse clubhouse...hmmm..i'll have to look into that!) i'm so sorry Luke has been sick. Elisabeth (last week) finally got over an ear infection that actually lingered for a few months! We were on the FOURTH different antibiotic (the last one being for 20 DAYS!!)...thankfully it cleared it up, otherwise the dr. would've wanted to talk tubes! :(
anyway, now she's sick with a terrible stomach virus & i'm actually taking her in today b/c i'm afraid she's bordering dehydration. :(
glad you got some time away...and i hope Luke is his normal self ALL the time very, very soon. :)
(sorry for the short story!!)
i hope he feels better soon, suz, so that you guys can get back to normal.
It just breaks your heart when they are sick. I am glad he is better now. It was nice getting to hold and love on him. When he is feeling good, he doesn't stop for long. Can't wait to see you all soon. Nana
yuck, sickness no fun. I am the same way on little sleep. I am NOT looking forward to that first three months again with new baby. Nate's getting two molars I think, which doesn't help. Thankfully, Granny (AKA "Nanny") is here to help. And yes, Nanny is much preferred to everyone else in the world, including Mommy and Daddy.
Post a Comment