Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Miscellaneous

Unfortunately, I don't really have a knack for being creative. Fortunately, my sister is extremely creative and shares her talents with me. She made Mark and me an awesome scrapbook for our wedding that I love to look through every so often; for Christmas she made Luke the cutest book called Luke and Lily Go to the Farm (check it out on Shauna's storybook website), and most recently she made the amazing art seen below for Luke's room. She and her best friend, Laura (who is also VERY creative) started a business called Vanilla Bean Designs that sells cute art like in Luke's room and lots of other cute stuff. Check out their website to see all the cool stuff they have made.


In other news, Luke is all better from his ear infection and I am so glad to have my happy son back who sleeps through the night! Sharon (Grammy) has been in town since Friday housesitting and dogsitting for David while he is in China. So we have been able to spend a lot of quality time with her. Sharon, Luke and I went to Sandy's Shoes on Saturday (while Mark worked in the yard) to get Luke some sandals for the warmer weather. Luke's friend Owen had gotten the cutest little Teva sandals there and we went to get some but they didn't fit Luke quite right so we got some other ones and some dressier ones. The owner of Sandy's helped us and when he measured Luke's foot he said, "I've owned Sandy's for 29 years and THAT is a foot." He said that because Luke has extra wide and chubby feet so we have a little trouble finding shoes for Luke.

I want to brag about Luke for a second. If you dislike proud mothers bragging about their brilliant children--stop reading now. About a month ago, I was talking to Luke and I said, "I love you!" and I pointed to him. I was hoping he would repeat the phrase, "I love you." So I said it again and I said, I love" and I paused and pointed to him and Luke said, "ME!" with a lot of enthusiasm. I was amazed. So I did it again and he said it again and he has been saying it every time we tell him we love him and point to him. I just think it is so smart that he knew that "you" and "me" are the same person and that he would refer to himself with a pronoun is pretty advanced. I have been meaning to post about this for about a month now, but I am just now doing it.

I am really looking forward to Spring. It keeps going back and forth between nice weather and bad weather. I am ready for the good weather to stay. We got Luke's sand and water table and Mark is putting it together right now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the new blog look! thanks for the plug suzanne :) the art looks really cute in Luke's room. so where does he get those big feet from?!?

Shauna Lynn said...

thanks for the plug and many compliments. i think luke gets those feet from ME. I'm glad he's feeling better. He really is the smartest little boy I've ever seen and I worked at HP CDC... so...

Anonymous said...

i am so glad he is better! and i am with you on this weather business...i can't wait for it to stay nice for awhile!!

Pat said...

I am so glad Luke is feeling better. I can't stand the thought of him feeling bad. As for "bragging rights"- full speed ahead. I love hearing it!!! And I brag on him every chance I get!

Tom said...

I am so glad our little Luke is better. It is such a blessing to watch Luke and Lily grow. I guess in a way these blogs and project 365 are like keeping a baby book. I love reading about Luke and I go and look at the pictures again and again. Nana

Tom said...

I forgot to mention the art work. I think the tree is my favorite right now. It is just really cute and it looks really cute in Luke's room. Did you notice, we are no longer anoymous. :) Nana