Saturday, February 9, 2008

Birthday Surprise

I'm not big on surprises. Quite honestly, if someone is going to spend money on me, I like to have a say in it (I have control issues). But, my sweet husband gave me a wonderful surprise for my birthday: tickets to the Van Morrison concert on March 11 at the Austin Music Hall!

Van Morrison has always been number 1 on my list of "Concerts I Want to See Before I Die," so you can imagine how excited I am. I always thought I would have to travel to Ireland or somewhere far away to see him. Two years ago, he came to Austin to perform for the ACL Festival--the very same weekend I gave birth. So obviously, it didn't work out for me to see him then. I can't wait! I guess I just have a thing for Irish musicians that sing about Jesus. I'm hoping he performs most of the classics, like these.

Today we had our annual family birthday lunch at Carrabba's. It was Shauna's year to pick the restaurant and it was really good. Everyone came over to our house after lunch for cupcakes.






I haven't been keeping up with my Project 365 album lately. I took pictures several days, but I just haven't felt like loading them. So, I updated it tonight. Check it out here.

2 comments:

Shauna Lynn said...

I'm real jealous that y'all get to go to the VM concert. No big deal, I'll probably watch 'marie antoinette' that night.

i love the picture of luke pulling lily's bow. classic.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great birthday...way to live it up! and i could go for one of those cupcakes about now!! =)