Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Sister



A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double. ~Toni Morrison

Tomorrow, February 7, is my baby sister's 25th birthday. I really cannot believe she is 25 and a wife and mother. It seems like not too long ago we were riding our bikes to Wendy's and the Kingwood Public Library when we were the new kids in town and didn't have any friends. I think the quote above is very true. Shauna and I have so many similarities, but we are so different at the same time. Anyone who knows us, knows that Shauna and I are especially close sisters. She is my very best friend and she can make me laugh like no one else. She continually entertains me, encourages me, listens to me, and inspires me. I love her so much. I cannot imagine my life without my sister. I am so thankful she is a part of my life and that we get to raise our kids together. Happy Birthday Shauna, I love you!!







4 comments:

Shauna Lynn said...

thanks suzanne. that quote IS very fitting of us. so glad i have you.
stay tuned for a very similar post tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

you make me want a sister! you guys are so sweet. tiffany

Anonymous said...

It blesses my heart to read your comments about Shauna. I think it is important to let people know how you feel about them. MOM

diane said...

I hope and pray that my girls will be the best of friends. It is wonderful to see such a sweet example.