10 days to go!!! I’m so excited. I seriously cannot wait to meet little Ethan. We are all ready for his arrival. We’ve been blessed with a great supply of diapers and wipes thanks to friends and family. We are planning to put the carseat in this weekend. The only thing I have left to buy before he comes is some sort of diaper disposal system. We’re not doing the Diaper Genie this time and I think we may just get a step-on trashcan for the garage. I still need to pack our bag and should probably do that soon just in case he decides to come early.
I really wanted a video monitor this time around and Uncle David gave us a giftcard to Buy Buy Baby and we were able to get this AWESOME video monitor. I love it so much!! I’m not sure how we lived without it for Luke. We have the camera set up in Luke’s room now and I love being able to see him when I hear him cough or make a noise. This monitor accepts additional cameras so I think we’re going to have to buy another camera so I can see both boys.
Craigslist has been a goldmine for us. I decided I wanted a new carseat and ended up getting this whole travel system for less than we would have paid for just the carseat. I know you’re not supposed to buy a used carseat—and I am normally such a rule follower. But I feel like I am a pretty good judge of character and these people weren’t shady at all and it turned out that the lady works in Mark’s building.
And this was the find I was most happy about—I found a Joovy Caboose Ultralight for $80!! Those things sell brand new for about $250. I almost feel bad for getting it so cheap because I don’t think the guy knew that he could get a lot more. I think this thing has been used less than 5 times and it was in perfect condition. It is super heavy though—I can’t imagine how heavy the regular Joovy is considering this is the “ultralight.”
Last, I just want to say that I have the best mother-in-law in the world. Sharon (aka Ammy) has saved me the last few weeks. She’s helped with laundry, watched Luke, cooked delicious meals, and kept me supplied with cut-up watermelon chunks (I can’t get enough!). I’ve had some rough days here at the end (because of the pain and lack of sleep) and she has been a lifesaver!!
4 comments:
Wow! You got some great items. I think the video monitor is amzaing. I can't believe they have all this neat stuff these days. I have to agree that Sharon is a wonderful mother-in-law. You were truly blessed the day you became a part of James family. Ethan will be here soon. Hang in there. Love you, Mom
I love the fact that you are putting all of these thoughts together so that you and the boys can look back on this years from now. I wish Baby Ethan Harrison James was aware of how much he is loved and wanted and how much time and preparation has gone into making his little world so wonderful. Thank you for the compliment - I hope I truly live up to it - there isn't anything I would not do for my kids!! I love you.
Ammy
I can't wait! I feel so bad for you being in pain. Courtney is in horrible pain and still has 7 more weeks. So, I guess having only 10 more days is something to be thankful for. Keep us posted! We love you guys. :)Cristi
it drives me crazy that my comments never show up... here's to trying again. i'm really jealous that you find such amazing deals on craigslist and i can't seem to find anything that's not 'winnie the pooh' fabric. can't believe we're so close to the end. praise jesus. here's to 2 children families.
Post a Comment