Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Luke at 3 and a Half

DSC_0091

Sorry to post a picture that was just posted on here recently but this is one of my favorites. I tried to post another one but Mark didn’t like it because Luke wasn’t smiling.

I really wish I had been better about keeping up with these milestones for Luke considering this blog is his scrapbook. I want to remember all the little details about him, especially before his baby brother arrives. So, here goes:

Dear Luke,

You are exactly 3 and a half years old today. You are such a sweet boy. I want to remember all the things you were doing because someday these details will escape me and be a distant memory.

Personality: You are a really friendly little guy. You always find people to play with at parks and Chick-Fil-A. It breaks my heart when older kids are “too cool” to play with you, but it doesn’t seem to phase you. You are so sweet too. You are really sensitive, just like me and your Dad. Even your teacher at school commented that you “take everything to heart.” You are really affectionate and lately you really like pretending like you are a baby kitten nuzzling up to Mama Cat and Daddy Cat. You really love your Dad. When he comes home from work you run to the door and want all of his attention.

Behavior: Overall, you are such a good boy. We really feel blessed that God gave you to us. You are not rough or aggressive. You usually respond to the threat of a spanking and we don’t actually have to give you too many. You went through a pretty bad phase about 2 weeks ago and I was really wondering where my sweet little boy had gone—BUT—you are back to your old self, thank the Lord!

Play: You still LOVE your Thomas table. You have gone through periods here and there where you don’t play with it much, but you always come back to it. You also love playing with your Cars, Finding Nemo stuff, and Toy Story stuff. You play with your Bat Cave a lot and all the Batman characters. You also like playing with Spiderman. You love to play tag outside with Dad. Fortunately, you are pretty good about playing by yourself. You can entertain yourself at your Thomas table for quite a while. If I am busy in the kitchen, you will entertain yourself. When I sit down with the laptop though, you want my attention. I guess you know when I am truly busy or just wasting time. :) You and Lily Bug play really well together. We are working on you being better about sharing toys, but you two have a lot of fun together. When I ask you who your best friend is, you say, “Lily Bug.”

TV/Movies: Your favorite things to watch are Thomas, Cars and Finding Nemo. You like watching Dr. Seuss videos a lot too (Green Eggs and Ham, Sneetches, and Grinch Night). You also like watching Go Diego Go.

Food: You are still a picky eater. I joke with people that you survive on chocolate milk and chicken nuggets—but it is actually not that far from the truth. You love all kinds of fruit and carrots dipped in ranch. You love pretzels and any type of snack cracker. I send a Nutrigrain Bar in your lunch to school because you won’t eat any type of sandwich. Chicken nuggets are pretty much the only meat you will eat, although you will eat the occasional hamburger. You recently started loving pancakes, so we have been having that a lot for dinner. Your absolute favorite restaurant is Chick-Fil-A. We go there at least once a week. You also love getting a cheese quesadilla and rice from Chipotle.

Sleep: We start putting you to bed around 7:45/8:00 and read at least three books to you. When we leave the room, we play one of your story CDs that lasts about 15 minutes on your CD player. Lately, the only one you have wanted to listen to is Finding Nemo. But you also listen to Cars, Toy Story, and Thomas stories. You are usually awake between 7-7:30. You take a nap every day from about 2-4 p.m. You are a great sleeper, and I am incredibly thankful for that.

Potty training: You became potty trained right after Christmas. We are so proud of you and you haven’t had many accidents at all. I think the combination of you finally being ready and your Dad being home for two weeks for the holidays made it finally happen.

Baby brother: You are really excited about baby Ethan coming, Although, a lot of your excitement comes from the fact that I promised you he would bring you a present. You change your mind pretty much every day about what you would like him to bring you and you talk to my tummy and tell him. The other day, it was so cute, you came out of your room after a nap and walked straight to me, still half asleep and said, “Is the baby coming out of your tummy yet?” I think you must have been having a dream about him. I know you will be such a sweet big brother. Last week, I got choked up just thinking about you coming in the room and meeting your brother for the first time. That is going to be so special.

Those are all the little details I can think of right now. I am so thankful Dad and I have had you all to ourselves for 3 and a half years. Our life is going to change so much in less than a month, but it is a good change. I know the three of us are ready to share our life with someone else and be a family of four. I love you so, so much Lukie B.

Love,

Mom

DSC_0061 DSC_0062

Luke dressed up for “Western Day” at school.

4 comments:

Cristi said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing. Ya'll are sweet parents and wonderful friends. LBJ is adorable in his "western wear." :)
And you look great! I know you might not feel it, but you look so good :) Love you, clm

Stephanie said...

Luke seems like such a sweet natured little guy! I know it's probably not funny to you, but the fact that he really only likes chocolate milk and chicken nuggets is so funny. At least it's protein and calcium right?!

Tom said...

Luke is such a neat little boy. I know he will be an amazing big brother. It is so much fun watching him and Lily grow and develop. He is sensitive and he is so polite. I love everything about him. Love, Nana

Jaime said...

What a precious post...I need to do this for Reid. Love it! Sweet boy, Luke!