Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Thoughts before the Big Day…

DSC_0004

Our last picture as a family of 3.  Taken on Easter Sunday.

Well, tomorrow morning we get to meet Ethan! I’m so, so excited.  I really thought I would go into labor before tomorrow but I just didn’t.  I’ve been thinking all day about how this is our last day as a family of 3.  I went and got Luke and put him in bed with us this morning because it’s his last day as an only child and I wanted to try and savor the moment.  I keep saying stuff to him about how he is going to be a big brother tomorrow but I don’t know that he fully grasps how soon tomorrow really is.

My surgery starts at 7 a.m. and we have to be there by 5 a.m.  I knew I wouldn’t sleep much the night before so I asked for the earliest time they had available.

This time around I am SUPER paranoid about germs.  I don’t think I was even aware of germs and babies when I had Luke—I didn’t think twice about people holding him or coming to visit.  I think I am extra paranoid because my friend’s newborn caught a virus while at the hospital and it ended up being a major ordeal.  I know you can’t protect them from everything—but do you think it is overkill to ask everyone to wear masks and latex gloves?? :)  Obviously we want Luke to be able to visit and touch his baby brother but I am PRAYING he doesn’t pick up anything at school on Tuesday or Thursday.  I guess we could keep him home but even that seems like a little overkill.  I see now why some hospitals have a “no kid” policy.

Mark’s present to me (hahahahaha) last Saturday was an iPad.  We all know it was really for him.  I have to admit that it is very cool.  Luke loves it! Now I’ll have something to fill all that free time we’ll have at the hospital (hahahahaha again….).  

hero2_20100225

We definitely appreciate everyone’s prayers tomorrow and over the last 9 months.  Be on the lookout for a text/email/facebook status update tomorrow morning! 

8 comments:

David James said...

I doubt I'll sleep much tonight either knowing a new little James nephew is coming into the world soon. Luke is going to be a great big brother. I can't wait to see LBJ's reaction to his new best friend.

I laughed out loud when I read "your iPad." Mark did a masterful sales job on you with that purchase. Hopefully he's let you touch it by now.

See you on the big day!

Love,
Uncle David

Unknown said...

Yea! I'm so excited for your new family of 4. It will be so much fun! I'll be praying for you in the morning and over the next few days. Can't wait to see pictures!

Becky said...

I am so very excited for all of you! I will be praying. Ya'll are such a sweet family. I love you, Becky

Shauna Lynn said...

i don't know how i'm going to wait for jeff to be done working before we come tomorrow. lily and i are going to go crazy. i hope it goes perfectly. we'll be praying. can't wait to meet my new nephew.

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

yay! congratulations!!! don't worry too much about germs.,.my sis in law has 5 kids and all the babies practically get licked by toddlers when they are born and theyve never gotten sick. it'll all be perfect!!!

Stephanie said...

So exciting! Can't wait to see pics!

Seth , Angie, Noah said...

It is such an exciting moment when it is time to finally meet the new little person you've been dreaming of for so many months! I am so excited for y'all. It's been less than a year since we were all at Disney World and thinking of adding to our small families of three! Wow how time flies.

I don't blame you about the germs! If I had Gracie's birth to do all over again, I would have kept Noah out of school for a week or more! And I would have probably insisted that no one hold her. Her illness after birth was so scary. But you have to trust in the Lord and all will be well, I know that. He certainly brought Gracie through to be a healthy little girl!!! Much love and hugs to you guys :)

Liz said...

I am so very happy for you! I remember that last night before induction with Josh so well. I, too, was trying to savor the moment with Nate, thinking all would change. It's kind of a bittersweet moment. And it's truly a miracle how your heart literally doubles in size when you meet that new little one. Having two little boys is amazing - I'm so happy for you!