
Luke’s love of all things Thomas is well documented on this blog. In fact, it was around this time last year that Ammy and PawPaw surprised Luke with his wonderful Thomas table. We were so excited when we found out several months ago that “Day Out with Thomas” would be in Burnet. We went a few weeks ago and had a great time. The train ride wasn’t as fun as I had hoped—we went backwards for about 15 minutes and then back the other way for 15 minutes—but I know Luke had a good time. We got to see a real Thomas engine up close. Luke did a good job but had a little meltdown in the “store.” They had tons of Thomas merchandise for sale and Luke didn’t want to leave without this. We’ve told him hopefully Santa Claus will bring it to him this Christmas.
The really embarrassing part that I have to share is that I cried when we first got there and started walking towards Thomas. I didn’t just tear up—I was really crying and trying my best not to let anyone see. Mark was laughing at me. I think I was just so happy that Luke was getting to experience this. This has been one of my pregnancy symptoms. I cry VERY easily. I also cried when the train started going. I know I looked like a weirdo. All I could do was laugh through my tears. Shauna thought it was hilarious when we saw them that afternoon and tried to get me worked up before the U2 concert so I would cry there too (I didn’t.)
Here are some pictures from the day:
7 comments:
how awesome for Luke! And I'm with Mark, laughing at you. =) You are so precious, sweet Suz.
fun. you know, sir topham hat wasnt there when we got there. the giftshop was empty too. kind of a bummer but owen still loved it!!!!
How fun! That is pretty funny that you started crying, but I totally get it. Those hormones just have the best of you!
Too cute. I'd probably cry too, so don't feel bad. It definitely is the hormones though...
The pictures are really good - I love him walking down the track.
It is great that Luke is passionate about Thomas and you all had a fun day-- even if you did have an impromtu cry.
Love,
Ammy
Great pictures and blog. I am so glad Luke got to experience a real Thomas train. That should keep his imagination going for a long time. I think it is pretty cute and funny that you cried. Being a mom can be pretty emotional and your emotions just happen to be tenfold right now. Enjoy! Enjoy!
Love, Nana
what fun...i am so glad luke got to experience that. you are too funny, suz...pregnancy can do strange things to a girl!! =)
Post a Comment