Wednesday, October 14, 2009

U2

We had a wonderful time in Dallas for the U2 concert.  The concert was amazing.  Almost 80,000 people were there for the concert at the new Cowboys Stadium!!!  I know I’ve talked about it before, but I just love that they sing about Jesus.  Their music would be AWESOME even if they weren’t singing about Jesus in many of their songs, but the truth is they are.  Read this book if you have any questions about what Bono believes.  We also recently got this book written by a Baylor professor about the band’s faith.  They sang lots of songs from their new album, which I love, and lots of their greatest hits.  Mark recorded this video with his iPhone, it was one of my favorite moments of the concert:

We are rule followers and you were not supposed to be able to bring cameras in, so we left ours in the car.  Turns out nobody follows that rule.  We were able to take pictures with our phones. 

DSC_0259 9735_158685766810_549151810_3169134_685699_n 7319_988081105460_7920443_56099242_4249478_n

You can click here to see some more photos that Mark took.

Luke had a great time with Ammy and PawPaw.  He spent Sunday there and then the rest of the time at our house with Ammy.  They had a great time together.

I definitely hope it is not the last time we are able to see U2 in concert.

6 comments:

Jim and Sharon said...

A great time was had by all, even Ammy and PawPaw and Luke!!
So glad you two were able to get some time away and enjoy one of your favorite groups.
Love the pictures.
Love you.
Ammy and PawPaw

Cristi said...

That video gave me chills. I love that song! Glad ya'll got to see them in concert :)

Shauna Lynn said...

it was awesome. wish we could have been sitting together. i'm glad mark got video.

Stephanie said...

I didn't realize Bono was a Christian and that a lot of U2's songs were about Jesus, until I started reading you and Shauna's blogs! I have never really listened to their music, but I will definitely try some out!

Tom said...

I think it is so neat that U2 is a band of believers and that they are so popular. I also think it is very cool that all of you got to go to the concert. Lily, Augie and I also had a good time. Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

glad you had fun!!