
We went to a pumpkin patch with our Sunday School class last Saturday and had a great time. Luke would not pose for ANY photos. I just had to catch photos of him running around and looking into the distance. We tried to take a family photo but he would not stop for a second. Thank goodness for a fast camera so I could at least get a few photos of him.
I can’t believe I will be in my 16th week of pregnancy this week! It is going by pretty fast. I remember with Luke, I was just consumed with my pregnancy. It was all I thought about. It was all I wanted to talk about with people. This time is definitely different. This little bean is definitely on my mind all day long, but I am just not as consumed with it. I guess having a kid will do that to you. I feel like I need to make this disclaimer every few months: this blog is our family scrapbook. It is the closest thing we have to a scrapbook so it is how I keep track of memories. I know some people don’t care about some of these mundane details but I like going back and reading what was going on in our lives. I’ve gone back to a lot of the old posts from when I was pregnant with Luke.
So, with all that said---I am still so sick!! Ugh!!! I am ready for the sickness to end. I am writing this so I can remind myself if I ever decide I miss being pregnant. I throw up at least 5 days a week. Luke is so cute when I am throwing up. He comes over and says, “It’s okay Mama,” and pats on my leg. He also offers me Spiderman and his Monkey/Bear to make me feel better. He even brought me his chocolate milk one day. It is just so cute how he is so concerned. On Wednesday, I had the worst day yet. I couldn’t do anything but sit. Every time I was up, I felt so nauseous. So, Luke watched a lot of television that day. The next day I had my monthly doctor appointment so I got a prescription for nausea medication in case I have anymore days like that. On top of the nausea, I am experiencing DAILY headaches and have had several migraines. It is not fun at all. So, like I said, I’m not writing this to elicit sympathy (although I’ve never turned down sympathy), I’m writing this so I can look back one day and remember the good and the bad from my pregnancies. The good news is that we were able to have a quick ultrasound at my appointment on Thursday and see the little bean’s lips and nose and everything looked great. I made my appointment for my “big” ultrasound on November 19. I just know it’s a boy—but we’ll see!!
Last, I am so excited because this was delivered on Friday. I love Advent calendars and we have one that is a Christmas tree and every day you put a new little ornament on the tree. Luke loved doing it last year and every morning on the days leading up to Christmas we would do it together. Last year, I saw this on someone else’s blog but it was sold out before Christmas so I ordered it early this year. I think it will be such a fun tradition for Luke and the new little baby James to put a new piece of the Nativity on it on the days leading up to Christmas and we can talk about it every morning.
9 comments:
I'm so sorry you're still sick. You gotta just tell yourself, it's worth it, but I'm sure that's not what you're thinking in the midst of throwing up. I'll pray that it goes away soon. And Luke is such a sweetheart comforting you. I love, love, love him. And there's no question that William thinks he's hung the moon! ha
you take some gorgeous pictures!!! love all of these!
Luke is so cute, taking care of mommy! Don't ever feel bad about posting the "mundane" details - my blog (whenever I actually do it) is the same thing - memories for me to keep later.
So ya got a feeling it's another boy, eh? Brothers are fun. I never had any idea how much fun two boys would be. I'll be on pins and needles to find out!
I think this is a wonderful idea to keep all of this as a journal or diary--and sharing it with all of your readers!!! I think you are the best Mommy in the World for Luke to offer his "brown" chocolate milk to you. That is the sweetest thing ever!!
I am so sorry about the headaches- as if the nausea wasn't enough- darn it!
Love you all-
Ammy
Oh man! I can't believe you are still having sickness! I would have thought maybe you would be done after the first trimester. Rotten luck! I bet you are hoping and praying that it will end soon. That is terrible. Sweet Luke to want to give you something to make you feel better. I have been having headaches too! Like every day for about a month now. I really think mine are allergy related. They are ginning all the cotton around here, and I think I am probably getting a sinus infection from it. I wish it would go away! I just want one day that I feel ENERGIZED! I can't wait to find out what you are having. I predict GIRL!
i really wish you would waste 30 dollars on an intelligender test at walgreens like i did. lily wouldn't pose at the pumpkin patch this year either. sorry you have pregnancy migraines... they're awful! that advent thing is super cute.
Well I too am sorry that you are feeling lousy at times. It is true that you tend to forget all the day in/day out stuff. The blog is a good way to go back and read what was going on. I am so excited about these 2 new grandbabies. Luke and Lily are so precious. I am so thankful to God for them all. I can't wait to meet baby James and baby Olson . April will be here before we know it. Love, Nana
thanks for the update. i too am so sorry you ar enot feeling well. hang in there...this too will pass (as i am telling myself about colicky babies!!). luke is a doll. i can't wait to find out what you are having...you better call me!!
I am so glad you are sharing your feelings about the pregnancy. I am always interested in what's going on in your lives. The nausea and migraines must be a real challenge. Luke is a little trooper to comfort you at these times. I can just see him with the baby!! Please keep updating!
Love,
Aunt Pat
Post a Comment