My Mom's birthday was on Monday and Mark and David's was yesterday (Wednesday the 11th). We celebrated by having a big family dinner at Chuy's last night. Then we came back to our house for some delicious cake made by Sharon.
I had a great time in Arkansas with my four best friends from high school: Sarah, Tara, Amber and Christie. Sarah showed us around Little Rock. Sarah also tricked me into climbing a mountain. I've never done any mountain climbing, but now I can say that I have. Sarah said we were going on a "hike" at Pinnacle Mountain and Sarah's definition of a hike and my definition differ apparently. It was so hard! But that's why I love Sarah, she knew I could do it and I did! I was so proud of myself. Unfortunately, none of us brought a camera to the "hike." I was really wishing we did because the view from the top of the mountain was gorgeous and I really wanted some proof of my accomplishment. We also visited the Clinton library, which was very interesting. I'm not necessarily Bill's biggest fan (to Mark's dismay), but I thought the library was great and very well done and had a ton of interesting things to read and see. We got to spend time with the whole Spencer family, which was really fun. I didn't bring my camera, so I don't have any pictures to share--I just couldn't fit one more thing in my carry-on bags. You can see some pictures on Tara's blog. On a side note--Tara and I both ended up marrying guys with the last name "James" so we have the same last name now.
I was really happy to see Mark and Luke when I got home. Luke kept saying, "mama." I think
he was pretty happy to see me too. Mark did a great job keeping Luke by himself. Mom, Shauna and Lily watched Luke on Friday while Mark was at work. On Saturday, Mark and David took Luke to Gymboree together and then spent the rest of the day together.
Jim and Sharon arrived safely back from their Alaskan cruise and said they had a wonderful time. I think they enjoyed the break from the Texas heat and got to see a beautiful part of the country.
This weekend we are going to my family reunion. We are looking forward to it. It will be Lily's first reunion and Luke's first reunion as a walker. Last year he was crawling and it was difficult to keep him contained. I am going to make these and this. I hope it all gets eaten. I always worry about that.
On Tuesday, early in the morning we leave for Providence, Rhode Island. We are renting a car and driving to Boston and then on to Portland, Maine for Mark's conference. Then we will go back to Boston after the conference. We can't wait for our trip--although that is the longest we have ever been away from Luke so we are kind of nervous about that. He will have a great time with all four grandparents and I know we will have a great time too.
I hope I didn't bore you with the long update. I probably won't post again until we are back from Maine/Boston.
7 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good time with your friends! Those red velvet balls look really yummy! You definitely have to tell me how they turn out. I hope you guys have a great time this weekend at your reunion and on your vacation next week! Can't wait to see you guys when you get back and to hear all the details! Have safe and happy trips!
I'm so glad you all are getting away for some R&R. Enjoy the cooler weather in Bah-ston.
The month of June is a record breaker for all of the things that are and will be happening. Those recipes look great - no doubt they will disappear fast- not to worry, Suz! The birthday party was so much fun - Luke has become quite the performer - such a clown! Love you all-
Grammy
I sure appreciate the James including me in the b-day celebration. I had a great time and a great meal. Sharon's chocolate sheet cake was fabulous. I can't wait to try the rv cake balls. We are sure looking forward to our portion of getting to spoil, I mean keep Luke. I hope you and Mark have an amazing time. Love you all, Nana
sounds like you had a great time away...but it is always good to be home! have fun at the reunion and in the northeast...it is awesome! can't wait to hear all about it when you return!
Hi Suzanne,
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog the other day... it was fun to hear from you. And it is neat to see pics of your family! Luke is so cute!
Sounds like you had fun in AK - that is so cool that y'all keep up like that. I love childhood friends, there is nothing that compares.
Talk to you later,
cheryl
NO... I liked the recap... journal.
Post a Comment