June seems to always be a busy month for us. I'm not complaining. It's fun to have stuff to do. This weekend I am going to Little Rock to spend the weekend with my four best friends from high school. I am really looking forward to it, although I will obviously miss Mark and Luke a lot. Then, next weekend, we have the annual Woodson family reunion. That's my Dad's mom's side of the family. I have gone my whole life and my Dad has gone his whole life, so it is a big deal. Then, the weekend after that, Mark and I will be going to New England. We will spend time in Portland, Maine and Boston. We are really looking forward to that trip too.
So far, the summer has been lots of fun. The picture at the top of the post and the picture below are of Luke playing in the rain the other night. Grammy and Paw Paw got
him this special Elmo raincoat and hat. He loved playing in the rain!
This past weekend, we spent Saturday and Sunday at my parents' house. My poor mom had her toe mangled by a student on the last day of school. The student ripped her toenail off with his tennis shoe (on accident) and she ended up having to get the toenail sewn back on to protect the lacerated nail bed. So, she had to take it easy and couldn't swim or go boating with us.
We went on a fun boat ride with Augie (that's Luke's name for my Dad). Lily wasn't too much in the mood to ride on the boat, she was ready for a nap. Luke had a good time driving the boat, but he got his fill too and ended up falling asleep.
6 comments:
that picture of mom's toe makes me want to vomit. luke looks super cute in his rain gear!
I am glad you got a picture of my toe. I did miss getting to swim and boat with all of you. I Love the rain coat and the boating pictures. Hopefully we will get a lot of rain so Luke can make good use of the cute raincoat. Love you all. Nana
those are great pics, suz...sounds like you guys have some busy and fun times ahead of you! yea! and luke's little raincoat is adorable!
Luke looks so cute in his rain gear! I'm sorry about your mom's toe....that looks like it really really hurt. We had fun hanging out yesterday! We hope you guys have a safe and fun June with all your traveling!
cutest pictures ever of Luke playing in the rain. Who needs a spash park? Nana's toe looks dreadful! What a freak incident.....love the picture of the Mark and Luke boating
Grammy
i LOVE luke in the rain!! what a precious little bub!! (where did they find that hat/raincoat?!)
suz, it was REALLY great to see you--even if for such a short time--and talk about our babies. :)
wish it could happen more!
you're going to new england?? how wonderful!! i would LOVE to go to maine (and mass., too!)...
i can't believe your poor mom's toe. :(
and shauna's little girl? couldn't be cuter. :) CUTE CUTE COUSINS!! :)
Post a Comment