We went to see U2 3D last night at the IMAX. I just want to say....run to your nearest IMAX theater and see this movie!! It is AMAZING! I loved it so much and Jeff (the biggest U2 fan I know) even said it was possibly cooler than going to an actual concert because you get to see everything so close. I still want to go to a real concert someday but last night is probably the closest I'll ever get to Bono, The Edge, Adam, and Larry. Like Shauna said, so many of their songs are about Jesus (2 of my favorites are Yahweh and 40 (taken from Psalm 40) and I just think the music is incredible.
Mom and Dad bravely volunteered to watch Luke and Lily at our house so we (me, Mark, Shauna, Jeff and David) could all go to dinner and the IMAX. They definitely had their hands full with a 16-month old and a six-month old. It all went well. Luke was sound asleep when we got home; Lily was happy as always.
I am glad to see the sun shining again. It has been so nice the past 2 days and Luke was able to do his favorite thing--go outside. It was a loooong week last week when we really couldn't go outside because of the cold and rain.
Luke is saying new things all the time. He tries to repeat most things we say, and he likes to fill in words when we pause while reading his books. Sometimes he really surprises me when he knows what word to say. Two of my favorite things he is saying right now are: "urk" (work) and "ome" (home). I'll say, "Luke, where's Daddy?" and he says "urk." And whenever we turn onto the street that leads to our house, Luke starts repeating, "ome," several times. He can also say: Nana (for my mom), Ammy (Grammy--Mark's mom), PawPaw (Mark's Dad). We are still working on Grandad for my dad. He also says: Iyee (Lily), Auna (Shauna), and just today he said Eff (Jeff) f0r the first time. Uncle David is Dada, just like Mark. Luke still hasn't figured out the whole identical twin thing. Although when Mark and David are together, Luke usually knows which one is Dada and which one is Uncle David. But when they are separate, Luke definitely thinks David is his Dada.
5 comments:
luke is so smart. i think it's hilarious that one day luke is going to learn that every kid doesn't have a dad exact replica. those really come in handy.
that is too funny, suzanne! what a cutie he is. =)
Luke's so smart I wouldn't be surprised if he knew the difference and keeps playing along for the next 3-4 years.
that youtube clip is very cool... i had turned it off before during 'where the streets have no name' and didn't see bono at the nat'l prayer breakfast. very worth watching through the end.
I really didn't realize that U2 had a christian spiritual side to them. Maybe ya'll need to burn us a cd of all their best songs. I think Luke is so smart. I love hearing him say "ily" and I really love it when he says "Nana"
Post a Comment