Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Rough Day at Playgroup


We moved the playgroup to the playground at Central Market today to enjoy the beautiful weather. Luke and the other kids seemed to have a great time. I had a hard time getting any of Luke playing with the other kids because he did his own thing most of the time. I did manage to get one of Luke and Nathan "playing."


I think we had been there about 30 minutes when Luke sustained his first playground injury. He tripped over the plastic divider between the playground and the rest of the area and fell face down into the dirt. He fell pretty hard. He cried hard for about a minute and was covered in dirt. I didn't see any blood. Luckily, Luke spotted two dogs and stopped crying and wanted me to let him down so he could run go see the dogs. It was only after he played with the dogs a little bit that I noticed a little bit of blood on his forehead and his nose. He looks pretty banged up but it hasn't seemed to bother him at all. He is his usual happy self.




















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Luke...that looks like it would hurt. What a brave little guy you have!!

Pat said...

Luke is a trooper!! He's like the Timex watch - "he can take a licking and keep on ticking"!! Love to you all!

Shauna Lynn said...

geez! poor guy.

Anonymous said...

He is still the cutest little boy I have ever seen even with a scraped forehead. Nana

Anonymous said...

Like father, like son! I remember the same facial injuries Mark sustained on his skateboard when he crashed and hit the pavement with his face!!
This will surely be the first of many - he looks so cute SMILING with his playground battle scars!! Grammy

Kim John said...

it's good to see that Luke is o.k. I am sure the boys will get MANY bumps and bruises over the years!

Jake