A blog I read called Nesting Place is talking about goals for your home so I thought I might as well put mine on our blog. I want to write more about our house because I love it so much (minus the rats) but I just haven’t had/made the time. I will post our laundry room makeover soon. Mark did a great job! Here are our home goals for this year:
- Update the kitchen. Before we even moved in we painted over the dark red walls to a neutral color, which made it a lot brighter and a lot better. But the honey/golden oak cabinets seem very 90s to me and the counters are in need of an upgrade. Plus, I despise our sink. It is so shallow.
We want to paint the cabinets white {which feels like an enormous undertaking but it is so expensive to get them painted}, put in either light or dark granite countertops, and put in wood floors (or something that looks like wood). I know that is not very original—that is what pretty much every home decor blog I read does to their kitchen but it is a look I really love. Here are two kitchens I like:
Source: flickr.com via Suzanne on Pinterest
Source: emilyaclark.blogspot.com via Suzanne on Pinterest
2. Update our master bathroom. I don’t have a picture of it. It needs to be painted and we want to update our shower from gold to oil rubbed bronze and also update our fixtures which are two-toned (gold and silver=not a fan). I also want to frame our mirrors.
3. Decorate and repaint the dining room.
4. Repaint Ethan’s room. It was BRIGHT pink when we bought it, with some ladybugs painted on the wall. I picked a really pale blue for some unknown reason. I guess I forgot most of his stuff was already blue. So I want to repaint it and hang more art in his room. You can click here to see what his nursery looked like before we moved.
I’d like it to look more like this nursery from Restoration Hardware. This is the same bedding Ethan has and he has dark wood furniture so I think I can {somewhat} recreate it. I’ll probably need Shauna’s help though.![]()
5. Decorate the guest bedroom. There’s basically just a bed, nightstand and a small bookshelf in there now. Nothing on the walls. ![]()
6. Re-do the boys’ bathroom upstairs. It needs to be painted. I saw this on pinterest and loved it for a boy’s bathroom. Although I doubt we would actually paint the vanity blue. But I thought this was really cute and classy.
Source: beckdesignblog.blogspot.com via Suzanne on Pinterest
Whew….that’s a lot of stuff. We may not get to all of this stuff this year but it is fun thinking and planning projects for a house you love. Mark is probably tired just reading this ;).



7 comments:
i hate my white cabinets in my kitchen!! They are constantly dirty. Hand prints everywhere. I do agree they look good in the photos you posted ;)
Hey girl - we had laminate floors in the first house we owned, and I'll tell you we'll never do that again! The kitchen is a wet area, and you're going to slosh water when cooking, doing dishes etc., and the laminate will warp on the edges. If you can find tile that looks like wood, that would be my recommendation. Of course, it's your house so do what you want, I just wanted to make sure you'd thought of the water thing, from someone's who's been there, done that!
Your list is so ambitious! Here's my 2012 list: clean my house now and then, lol!!
Much to do.....but you know? it looks gorgeous the way it is!.....It is fun to have projects and plan for new looks and ideas. What you have done so far to your home is absolutely beautiful, so I know whatever you do in the future will be just as gorgeous.
Updates on the blog are required!!
Love,
Ammy
Your inspiration pictures are beautiful. I have a white kitchen and I love it, although with three kids it does get really dirty. But I'd rather see the dirt so that I can clean it (I'm weird that way). I posted my extensive list the other day too. Good luck with your list!
It is so much fun having a home you love and making plans for the future. I know you are so thankful. I know I have already told you this but I think it bears repeating. Your home already looks beautiful and everything you do is just icing on the cake. The floorplan is perfect for a growing family. I am so happy for you guys.
You know dad and I always like having a good project too.
Love,
Nana
fun!!! we are in the process of painting the ENTIRE house!!!!! every room a different color. it's been fun and exhausting!! we can see the finish line though. i love our house too and have had so much fun putting our personal touch on it. we have taken it VERY slow though. our master bath is on our 10 year plan:) anyways, have a great time!!!
Post a Comment