Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ethan’s Nursery

DSC_0008

We finished Ethan’s nursery about a week ago. I’m really happy with the way it turned out. Mark did an excellent job painting the room. I could have NEVER gotten the lines so straight! Now we just need Ethan here to fill the other frames with pictures of him.

DSC_0078

DSC_0080DSC_0042 DSC_0057 DSC_0076

DSC_0079

I am anti crib bumpers because I am super paranoid about SIDS. I think it is because I went to a training on SIDS when I was a CPS caseworker. I know a “real” crib bumper would be a lot cuter, but we went with the breathable bumper because I think they are safer. That’s my little soapbox. :) But I will say if I found a great deal like Shauna did on a matching bumper I would get one just for decoration and take it out when the baby starts sleeping there. The bumper that matches our bedding was $120 and I can think of a lot of better ways to spend $120….

10 comments:

Tom said...

I have been waiting for pictures! The room looks amazing! Mark did a professional job with the paint. I love the color combination. The furniure, bedding, pictures and just ALL the details just go so well together. I can't wait to see it in person. I can't wait to rock little Ethan in the rocker. Love, Nana

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

cute!!!! you did a great job!

Cora said...

Wow, what a special room, great job on painting and decorating! I've been working on getting Birch's room more organized, but I don't think I have quite achieved that level of coordination!

Shauna Lynn said...

I think it turned out so cute.. and totally different that Luke's, even with his nursery furniture. i'm with you on the bumpers... and i didn't go to the sids training... i'm an easy sell, though.

David James said...

Mark did a great job on the painting, but I wouldn't expect anything less. Looks like a completely different room.

Jim and Sharon said...

It is beautiful and the painting is awesome.

I know you are ready for Ethan to come and this precious room will be waiting for him...now you can visualize that little fellow sleeping soundly(hopefully) in his special place with Big Brother Lukie B. next door in his big boy room.

You are in the last lap of this marathon -- we are waiting patiently and prayerfully at the finish line!!!

We love you so much.
Ammy and PawPaw

Stephanie said...

The nursery is amazing! You guys did so good. I wish you were here to help me! Ha ha. I love all his little pictures above the changing table. So sweet!

Elizabeth said...

Very cute, I love the initial stuff. I am pro picking a name so you can do stuff like that!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Such a cute nursery! I love the framed prints. Great job! :)

Miranda said...

I really like the colors in here! Ya'll did a great job with EVERYTHING! Perfect for an adorable little guy!