I am finally posting some pictures from our Disney trip. I really wanted to make a cute slideshow with fun Disney music like Shauna and Jeff did—but I could never seem to get around to it. I’m posting my 2 favorite pictures and then the slideshow (with no music) at the end. Also, I feel like I must say this: I ended up taking most pictures with our regular point and shoot camera instead of our “good” camera. It was just so handy to have that little camera in my tiny little purse. Between keeping up with Luke, a stroller, and various other things, it was just too hard most of the time to get out the good camera. I did carry it around one day and I think the pictures are a lot better from that day. I guess I’ve become a camera snob :) Also, Luke NEVER wanted to sit still or pose for pictures. Literally every time we said “say cheese” he would start whining and look away. We finally learned to stop asking him to “say cheese” and just tried to snap the photos real quick.
We had a WONDERFUL time! I know some people may think it is crazy to take such a small kid to Disney World but Luke had such a good time. He was not scared of anything and just wanted to ride everything and see everything. I am so glad we took him. Disney World is my kind of vacation. I always think I want relaxing vacations but the reality is that I love having a lot to do and I really don’t want to just sit around and “relax.” In my opinion, Disney World truly is the happiest place on earth. There was so much for Luke to do. I think 7 days were the perfect amount of time. We came back to the hotel almost every afternoon to rest and swim and then went back to a park in the evening. Since we had 7 days there, I didn’t feel rushed or that we were wasting any precious time by resting at the hotel. Luke really was good the whole time. He had his moments here and there—but overall, he was great. It rained our last two days, but we still managed to do almost everything we wanted to do and ride Luke’s favorite rides 2 or 3 times. One night we rode the Pirates of the Caribbean ride 3 times in a row because there was no line. It was great! Click here for a video of Luke riding a little roller coaster (or "rollie poster" as Luke called it) at the Magic Kingdom. We rode this 3 times. He looked terrified every time but wanted to ride it again and again.
Luke is taking a break from his Thomas obsession and has moved to a new obsession. He is now obsessed with Buzz and Woody from Toy Story. We watch Toy Story or Toy Story 2 at least once every day and some days more than once.
We had a great time and can’t wait to go back! I’m hoping we can go back every 2 or 3 years.
7 comments:
it looks like you guys had so much fun! i enjoyed looking at the pictures.
lily will be watching this MULTIPLE times I'm sure. Glad you guys had so much fun. Hopefully next time we can take Luke and Lily together.
Great pictures! It looks like you all had so much fun. It makes me want to go. I think it really is an amazing place to take kids. I am so glad you guys got to go. Love you all, Nana
The pictures are a wonderful reminder of how much fun we all had as Disney. Truly Luke reminded us that we are all kids at heart.....he is the perfect age for everything to be so magical and believable. I will always remember this time we had together.
Love,
Ammy
looks like you guys had a great time! i am so impressed that luke was not scared by any of the rides or characters...drew is so not ready for dw yet! =)
and he is such a little boy to ride such a big roller coaster...i may have to get him to take me sometime!!
I have to live through your trip to Disney, cause we won't be going for quite some time. Looks like ya'll had a blast. Thanks for sharing the pics. Sounds like Luke was the quite the trooper :)
I had no idea that Mark could grow such a sweet mustache!!!
Post a Comment