Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Batman…

DSC_0254edit

has taken up residence at our house.  On our way home from the family reunion, we stopped at Ammy and PawPaw’s house.  Sharon got out the Batman costume Mark’s grandmother made when he was little.  One year, Mark and David were Batman and Robin for Halloween.  The costume is adorable and Luke hasn’t wanted to take it off since Sunday.  He even wore it to the library and Jason’s Deli. 

DSC_0246edit DSC_0260edit DSC_0235edit

We had a great time at the family reunion.  Luke enjoyed playing outside and swimming.  He carried Buzz and Woody with him almost everywhere.  Luke (now that he is almost 3) has decided that he loves sleeping in a pack and play.  So, that has made traveling easier.  He slept great at Disney World and at the reunion.  I wish we had some more out of town trips planned!

Luke and Lily with their matching towels from Disney World.

DSC_0099-1edit DSC_0116edit

Nana and Lily

DSC_0136edit

My cousin Stephanie’s son, Gavin, playing in the sand.

DSC_0164edit 

Playing at the pool

DSC_0075-1edit DSC_0078-1edit

Mark and Birch

DSC_0128edit

Mark and Luke

DSC_0138edit DSC_0148edit

9 comments:

Tom said...

Great pictures. You are getting really good. I think Luke looks adorable in his Batman costume. I am glad Ammy saved it. It is way cute! Thank goodness I threw away the clown costumes I made that one year. I thought the reunion was a good one. I loved all the little kids being around. I hope we hook this new generation and that they want to keep it going when they get older. Love you all, Nana

Jim and Sharon said...

The adventures of Batman return once again!!!!He looks so cute. Maybe Lily can be Robin!
Enjoyed seeing the reunion pictures--so many of you have children now - many, many good memories...
Love,
Ammy

Shauna Lynn said...

why are your pictures so good? we now have the same camera... what's wrong with me? i might as well be using my old p&s.
i think luke in that batman costume is about the cutest thing ever.

Maggie said...

Wow! That Batman costume looks as good as the day Mom(Betty) made it! What joy it would give her to know her great-grandson is now wearing that costume. I'm so thankful Sharon saved all the things of Mark and David that she did.
Thanks for the pictures and the work you put in on the blog. You make a lot of people smile.
Maggie

David James said...

I know Ma-Mo is beaming with pride knowing Luke is getting some mileage out of that costume. Hard to believe that costume was made in 1979. Does Belton have a Smithsonian? ;-)

Stephanie said...

Love that he is wearing the Batman outfit everywhere he goes! I had so much fun visiting with you.

Cristi said...

Batman is adorable! Looks like ya'll had a great time at the reunion. Can't wait for July 4th!

Anonymous said...

awesome pictures!! it looks like you guys had a great time at the reunion...i am so glad! and i love luke's batman costume...what a cutie!

Jaime said...

Luke's batman pics are precious and your overall pic taking is wonderful!!