I don’t update the blog very often. I guess I don’t. I always wait until I have a lot to say. But, considering I am OBSESSED with blogs, I should probably update more. I check various blogs every single day and am always disappointed when there are no updates. I spend my downtime reading blogs and then finding other random blogs through clicking links. I recently found this blog and now it is one of my daily reads. My Dad absolutely does not understand this—but I am just really interested in other peoples’ lives. Another thing my Dad does not understand: facebook. I love facebook! I also check it many times a day. It is on my iPhone so I am always checking to see what people are doing. Dad thinks it must be so time consuming but it takes about a minute to check and see people's status updates. Even though Dad gives me a hard time about these things, I still love him, and his opinions, dearly. We are both very opinionated people—guess I know where I got that from.
Because of facebook, I have reconnected with several old friends. Just this past weekend, I was able to get together with my very first friend in the whole world, Sarah. We were best friends in Ira up until I moved to Austin the summer before sixth grade. Sarah and I kept in touch a little, but recently reconnected on facebook. It was so much fun to see her and her whole family.
This weekend we are going to my family reunion. I always look forward to this every year. I really feel like I have a special family and I love seeing them. Although, I must admit the reunions aren’t quite the same as they used to be—Luke doesn’t allow us to really sit around and talk. We have to be outside in the heat with the bugs. But, at least Shauna will have to be out there too and some of my cousins have little ones now, so we can all chase after our toddlers together. Also, I really don’t feel like I am as interesting as I once was. I don’t know that ever really was all that interesting—but I sure thought I was when I was in high school and college!! Now, I am a wise old 30 year old and I try to keep my mouth shut more. :)
A few things I am thankful for:
These two little munchkins. Lily still loves Lukie B so much—even though he often is not as nice as he could be to her. My favorite Lily quote so far, “Lukie B, what’s the problem?” (when he was crying). She has also started saying, “Lukie B be nice” because she hears me say it often.
This guy. I am thankful that he inherited from his dad a natural affinity/ability for keeping our yard beautiful.
This precious little boy. He has been trying my patience a lot lately, but I love him so much. I still can’t believe I get to stay home with him and go to the pool, the park, and do whatever else we can think of every single day. I feel very blessed.
8 comments:
i don't understand the need to check facebook statuses... or stati. However, if I had an iphone maybe I would. Lily does LOVE Lukie B. She's just a little slow on the uptake that 'let's go play Thomas' doesn't get him anymore.
I need to borrow Mark for my lawn. It was dead when we moved in and I've contracted with tru green, but the weeds are killing me!
I am glad you updated. Now that I have a little more time I have been checking. I think I am more in Dad's corner about not getting the whole blog/facebook thing but I am trying. I do love reading about your lives but I still like to talk on the phone. Great update and pictures. I agree you are a blessed young woman and I am thankful for you. Love you, Nana
I think that you always have been and still are interesting! I will be out in the heat with you this weekend... We'll just have to visit out there while the kids play. Can't wait!
I agree with Stephanie that you are and always will be interesting!! I think it's great that Luke and Lily absolutely love to be around each other!! We will be missing you guys this weekend...hopefully one of these days I'll join you in that sauna outside to visit!! :) Love you guys!
fun update!
Good to see the update. I agree that you are a blessed young woman. Luke and Lily are growing so very, very fast---love the pictures.
Have fun at the reunion.
What a sweet post Suzanne. I read your blog frequently (on my terms) and love to see all of the pictures. Oh, and great yard!
Post a Comment