Friday, May 8, 2009

Noah's Road


My cousin Stephanie posted a link to this blog. It is about a precious 5 month old boy that was shaken by his daycare provider. When I was a caseworker for CPS, I went to a training to learn more about Shaken Baby Syndrome. You have to shake a child really hard to cause brain damage, and when I think about someone doing that to a helpless 5 month old, it makes me sick. Stories like this remind me once again to be thankful. I just went through something really hard, but a story like this is unimaginable to me and reminds me how blessed I am. Noah's parents are trusting God with Noah and his future. It's helpful to me to get my mind off me and remember that others are continuing to trust God in situations that are exponentially worse than mine.

1 comment:

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

this is the most awful thing ever. i cried my way through the blog. i hope the nanny gets life...