Monday, March 17, 2008

March Fun


We've had an exciting March so far. I thought I'd update you on what's been going on before this week gets away from me.
  • Saturday (March 8): Luke and I spent the day in Kingsland while Mark was at South by Southwest Interactive Festival for work. We had lots of fun. Granddad and Uncle Jeff put up a swing for Luke and Lily in the side yard. We got to enjoy a nice warm day outside and Granddad grilled out hamburgers that night for dinner.
  • Tuesday (March 11): Mark and I saw Van Morrison at the Austin Music Hall. See my previous post.
  • Wednesday (March 12): Luke and I went to Temple to meet Jen and Drew at Grammy and Paw Paw's house. It was so good to see Jen. Drew is adorable. Jen and I haven't been able to spend much time together since we've become moms so it was nice to catch up. After lunch with Jen and Drew, Luke and I spent the afternoon hanging out with Grammy, Paw Paw and Great Aunt Pat and playing in the backyard.
  • Saturday (March 15): We headed downtown on Saturday morning. I went to the Mommy and Me consignment sale and found a few deals I couldn't' pass up for Luke and Lily. Mark took Luke to the nearby park on Town Lake for a few hours. That afternoon, we played out in the backyard and tried to get Luke interested in his new sand and water table. He likes the water--the sand he's not too sure about. That evening, Shauna and Jeff dropped Lily off so we could babysit Lily while they attended a wedding in Round Rock. It was our first time babysitting Lily. We had fun. Luke really wanted to make sure we didn't forget about him while we were playing with Lily.
Here's a slide show that captures some of the moments from the past week. You can click on the slide show to see a bigger version of it with captions.

5 comments:

Shauna Lynn said...

you guys are becoming quite the photographers. that camera was a good investment. i LOVE the pictures of luke with his hair wet!
thanks for watching lily.

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

great post! i love the pictures:) it looks like you had a fun week. tiff

Tom said...

What great fun we have had this month. And March isn't over yet. I am looking forward to play days this summer. It was fun to see pictures of Jen and Drew. He's a cutie. Have you been finding sand everywhere in the house yet? Sand multiplies you know. Nana

Jim and Sharon said...

Oh my!! Some of those pictures of Luke make him look so big, especially next to Drew and Lily. You have really captured some of his beautiful expressions with that camera.... I love it when he throws those hands up in the air. What fun we have when he comes to visit!!
Grammy

Anonymous said...

thanks for the slideshow...that was great!