Friday, January 20, 2006

60 Minutes Gets Kinky

The next governor of the great state of Texas, Kinky Friedman, will be on "60 Minutes" this Sunday with Morley Safer. I bet Carol Keeton McClellen Rylander Strayhorn is throwing aides across the room at the thought of him getting this kind of exposure.

I can't wait to see Perry, Kinky and CKMRS all on stage for a debate. I'd actually pay to see that.

Here is my top 10 list of Kinky's classic quotes and one liners. Feel free to add your favorite.

10. "I'm for the little fellers--not the Rockafellers."

9. "Musicians can run this state better than politicians....Hell, beauticians can run this state better than politicians."

8. "Politics is the only profession where the more experience you have, the worse you get."

7. On smoking illegal Cuban cigars: "Don't think of it as supporting their economy, think of it as burning their fields."

6. "I'll sign anything but bad legislation."

5. "I support same sex marriage. They have the right to be as miserable as the rest of us."

4. On running for Kerrville justice of the peace: “If you elect me the first Jewish justice of the peace, I'll reduce the speed limit to $54.95."

3. “If Willie Nelson had been Rosa Parks, there never would have been a civil rights movement in this country, because he refuses to leave the back of the bus.”

2. "I'm not anti-death penalty. I'm anti-the wrong guy getting executed."

And the #1 classic Kinky Friedman quote...

1. "Why the hell not?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ya'll may just turn me into a Kinky fan before it's all said and done. kk