We are coming up on the one year anniversary of living in our house! We moved in the last weekend of March 2011. I love it even more than I thought I would. I was waiting for the inevitable letdown because I had been looking at houses online and driving through neighborhoods for basically five years. That is what I looked at when I had time to kill and just something that consumed my thoughts. So I guess I thought when it was all said and done I might keep thinking we could have found something better. But that has never happened. I love our house. I love the floor plan. I love the neighborhood. There are still lots of things I want to do with it (and I mentioned some in this post) but that is all just extra. When I really think about how God blessed us with this house and the timing of how everything worked out, I am once again so blown away by how He takes care of us and give us more than we deserve.
My favorite room in the house is the game room upstairs. We call it the playroom. It just makes me happy to be in that room. It is a bright, cheerful room. We LOVE having a place for all the kids’ toys. That area can be a disaster area after a full day of play while the downstairs stays presentable. Here is a picture of what it looked like when the other people lived here. It just seemed dark to me and blah.
And this is what it looks like with our stuff:
![]()
The bookshelves are always a work in progress.
View from another corner:
I know a giant world map might not be everyone’s cup of tea but it is ours. We love it and I think it is pretty appropriate for playroom. Luke asks us questions about it and where different places are in the world. We bought that little circus tent for Luke’s birthday from Ikea and the kids hardly ever play in it. I thought they would love having a little tent to go into but they don’t. It’s become a doghouse for Ethan’s giant stuffed puppy. Behind the couch (where you can’t see) is a little table and chairs where they color sometimes.
There is a little storage room right off of the playroom, and while it is not pretty to look at, it is truly awesome. I think that was one of the big reasons we loved this house when we looked at it. It is so nice to have a place to put a lot of toys and other random stuff. Half the time, the kids end up just playing in there.
So, that is the playroom. I really just wanted to post this so I can look back someday and remember what it looked like. I know someday it won’t be filled with toys anymore and it will be the place the boys go to to play videogames and the Thomas table will be a distant memory. Which is really sad when I think about it. I plan to post more pictures of the house as we “finish” different rooms (I use the term “finish" very loosely :) ).
4 comments:
I am so glad you posted the picture of how the room looked with the original owners "decorating style".
You and Mark have totally transformed the room into a happy place with so much energy -- absolutely beautiful. Luke and Ethan are so blessed to have a sunny, bright, and beautiful home to play and grow up in ---so many memories are being made in your home that you so dearly love. Blessings are bountiful.
The rest of your home is equally beautiful so I am looking forward to updates room by room!!!!
Love,
Ammy
It's really lovely, Suz. Quite envious :)
I can't believe that it has been a year. It really is an amazing house with the perfect floor plan. I love what you guys have done with each room. God is so good. It makes me happy that you are so happy. It is hard for me to pick a favorite room . I also want to compliment Mark on the yard. I hope you have some before and after pictures of that as well.
Love you all,
Mom/Nana
I love that room... especially all of the stuff on the shelves. It is very bright and cheery. You should really repaint my coffee table a bright fun color. Nevermind...that will just make you mad when I ask for it back. haha.
Post a Comment