Sunday, May 13, 2012

Disney World Trip 2012

DSC_0306 We had a great time at Disney World last week. It was exhausting but fun. I’m not sure I would ever go with a two year old again but we survived. Ethan had so much fun and loved every single ride. He was up for anything. He just wasn’t into waiting in lines or riding in the stroller to get to places or sitting on the bus. He was so cute with all of the characters.  He just wanted to love on all of them. He gave them kisses and hugs and high fives. He just couldn’t get enough of them. We ended up resorting to the monkey leash because he wouldn’t ride in the stroller and wouldn’t hold our hands. So, that was our last option. I honestly don’t see why those are so frowned upon. The people that judge parents that use them must have either 1)never had kids or 2) had really compliant children. DSC_0285 DSC_0830
DSC_0316
Luke had a wonderful time. He was brave and tried everything we asked him to ride. He rode Splash Mountain but did not like it and he rode the Goofy Barnstormer (kid’s roller coaster that he rode at least 5 times when he was 2) and he did not like that either. But I was proud of him for at least trying stuff. Everything else he loved. He LOVED Star Tours and he rode that at least 7 times. He even got to be a Jedi and fight Darth Vader. He took it very seriously. He might have been most excited about getting his face painted like Darth Maul. He spotted the booth on the first day we were there and asked about it every day and finally on Wednesday, I let him do it.  He really reminds me of Shauna with stuff like that. She would have been all over face painting when we were younger. I, on the other hand, probably couldn’t have cared less about getting my face painted.
DSC_0401
DSC_0396

We did 4 character meals. The first one was a disaster because Ethan screamed until the characters came to our table (which took a long time). The rest of the meals went better because we were able to see characters early on in our meal.
If I had one of those husbands that just expected me to do all of the work with the kids, we would have been on the first plane back home. Mark did his fair share and probably more. He seems to have more patience for Ethan and I have more for Luke, so we are a pretty decent team.
DSC_0423
My favorites: Taking breaks in the afternoon at the pool, watching Luke be a Jedi and Ethan saying “Wow!” with great emotion on the rides
My least favorite: When Ethan head butted me on the monorail and busted my lip open and I sat there with tears streaming down my face and blood in my mouth waiting for us to get off. It really hurt and I am surprised I don’t have a dead tooth now. I had to deal with a busted lip the rest of the trip and am still dealing with it.
Ethan’s favorite: riding rides, swimming, eating ice cream, hugging the characters
Ethan’s least favorites: waiting in line and riding in the stroller
Luke’s favorites: seeing Mickey, riding Star Tours, being a Jedi, going down the water slide at the hotel
Luke’s least favorite: stopping at any point to eat a meal and anytime a ride was over
Mark’s favorites: letting Luke do Star Tours over and over and letting him fight Darth Vader
Mark’s least favorites: having to deal with Ethan when he didn’t understand he had to wait for the characters to come to our table and he couldn’t just run to them and sitting next to two people making out on the flight home.
DSC_0520 DSC_0535 DSC_0558 DSC_0572 DSC_0591 DSC_0723
DSC_0614
DSC_0448 DSC_0707 DSC_0972 DSC_0737
DSC_0671 DSC_0750 DSC_0797
DSC_0868 DSC_0883 DSC_0908
DSC_0993 DSC_1019 DSC_0646
DSC_1063

4 comments:

Jim and Sharon said...

Pure delight and joy in Luke and Ethan's faces --what a wonderful time you had....we will look at these pictures over and over again...
All in all, seems like the fun outweighed the difficulties and exhaustion. You are awesome parents to give the boys such a great vacation.
Glad you are home....we missed you all.
Love,
Ammy

Shauna Lynn said...

It looks like yall had so much fun. I wish I could have gone with Luke. Hopefully they'll still be this excited when we all go together in a couple of years. Glad you are back now!

David James said...

Ethan's face in that last picture says it all. Pure joy! I think it'd be fun to see their reactions through the years. I'm sure Luke's experience this time was completely different from 2009. Glad you're home safe and tanned.

Tom said...

I loved, loved, loved looking at the smiles on the boy's faces. I agree with Ammy, I will keep looking at these pictures over and over again. It makes me happy to see the boys so happy.
Love, Nana