Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What's Going On with Us

Well, I have 20 minutes until it is time to pick up Luke from school so I am going to write a quick post. The biggest news with us is that I got a job. It is a part-time, work from home job and I am super thankful for it. I wasn't exactly ready for a job yet but this opportunity came about and I applied, interviewed and got the job. We are adjusting to my new schedule but I think it is going to be great to have the extra money. I was pretty excited but I've gotten mixed reactions from some of my stay-at-home mom friends that I've told--ranging from pity to envy. BUT, I am realizing that everyone is different and if this works for us then that is all that matters.  We will see--I am taking it one day at a time. But for now I love it and I am hoping it will be a long term thing so that I will never have to go back to full-time work ever again.

In other news, I took Ethan to the dermatologist yesterday for his eczema. It is so bad and much worse than Luke's ever was. They said it is hard to tell for sure--but it could possibly be psoriasis, especially since there is a family history of it. If it is psoriasis, Ethan would be their youngest patient with it. But for now we are going to treat it like eczema and see if it responds. It is so bad on his scalp. Fortunately he has a lot of hair so you have to look to see it but he has scabs all over his head. They prescribed an oil for his scalp that will hopefully help—but he is going to look like a grease monkey for a while. :) I’m hoping people think I just put a lot of gel in his hair.

Here are some of my favorite things Ethan is doing:
--favorite thing to say is "thank you" and "elcome" (you're welcome)
--says "get you" all the time and wants me to hold him
--LOVES bringing Luke his milk  and cereal in the morning
--loves singing "Jesus Loves Me" and doing his muscles for "...he is STRONG"
--on Monday night he wanted to pray at dinner several times and he would bow his head and then mumble and then say "Amen."

Luke is doing good at school and is just such a sweet boy. We have our moments but I am realizing what a good kid he is. Ethan is entering the terrible twos. He has decided screaming is an effective way to get what he wants.  He is also fond of screaming “NO,” and then hitting whoever is nearby. Mark and I are going to have to step up the discipline with him. :
 
Here are some phone pictures from the last few weeks:
photo 4 (2)Luke’s Valentine’s party at school
photo 1 (5)photo 2 (5)
Two bright-eyed boys one morning    photo 3 (4)A lunch picnic one day
photo 5
Watching cartoons this morning

5 comments:

Jim and Sharon said...

Such loveable boys!!
So happy you are liking your part-time job. Good for you!!
As for Ethan's skin problems - praying that with time, it will improve or at least stay under control.
Love to read your posts....
Love,
Ammy

Tom said...

Such sweet, handsome boys. I do pray that this new treatment works for precious little Ethan. Dad and I are so happy about your new job. We think its a perfect fit for you and your family. It is always fun to have extra money. Spend it wisely. Love you all so much. Nana

Seth , Angie, Noah said...

Yea, for the job, booo for the eczema. Can't wait to hear about it all :)

Mrs. Colleen Ford said...

You are right about the job you have to do what is best for YOUR family and there are people who make rash judgements which is unfortunate. I wish I knew what job you had I would love to be able to work from home! Love hearing how your sweet boys are growing!

Liz said...

GRRR. It irritates me to no end how other SAHMs can judge how you mommy, from breastfeeding to homeschooling (or not) to working. Don't get me started! My reaction: awesome for you!