I haven’t taken a photo since 33 weeks.
Wow—in exactly one month (or less if he decides to come on his own) Ethan will be joining our family! My c-section is scheduled for April 12 at 7 in the morning. That is only 4 days before my due date and Luke came 4 days before his due date, so we will see if I make it to the 12th. I am all for having him before the 12th, but I really want my doctor to do the c-section since it is major surgery. So, anyway, here are my random thoughts I want to be able to look back on someday:
- I think I’ve finally come to terms with the fact that a c-section is the best choice for me. Sometimes I feel a little judged and I feel like I have to explain why I am having one. Plus, as hard as it was, having Luke naturally (with drugs though) was something I will remember the rest of my life. And it makes me sad I won’t have that same experience with Ethan. I’m glad I’ve had 9 months to accept it. I even checked out this book from the library—which pretty much sealed the deal for me. The bottom line is: I don’t want to have to wear a diaper for the rest of my life. The possibility of fecal incontinence sounds like my worst nightmare. My doctor left the choice up to me, but he said if I tore that badly again, I could have serious issues the rest of my life. Healing from the 4th degree tear was truly horrible for me and I think the c-section, while no walk in the park, will be better for me.
- I’ve reached the point in this pregnancy where I officially feel pretty miserable. I want to be positive but it’s hard. Last time, my back pain was horrible and I started a daily regimen of vicodin that barely took the edge of the pain. This time, it isn’t my back, but it is my hips and pelvis. Most of the time I feel like my left leg is out of the socket.
- I really miss sleep. Sometimes I am up 4 times during the night to go to the bathroom because of all the pressure on my bladder. I know this is just part of it and this will be my life with a newborn as well.
- As Shauna said on facebook, the heartburn is straight from Satan. Seriously. I am surviving with Zantac and Tums.
- The one thing I will miss the most about being pregnant is feeling him move around. He’s my little buddy. He’s still really active. The other night Mark was feeling him move and said he felt sorry for him because he was pushing and kicking so hard and Mark thought he was trying to get out.
Last August when I found out I was pregnant seems like a lifetime ago. Parts of this pregnancy have gone by really slowly and yet I can’t believe we are only a month away from being a family of 4. It was in April last year that we found out I had a miscarriage and this April we’ll be welcoming our new son. A lot can happen in a year. God is so good—all the time!!
My bump doesn’t look dramatically bigger since 22 weeks but it sure feels a lot bigger! I do think my bump got big pretty early on and it has just filled out more since then.
6 comments:
I can't believe you only have a month! You look great! I am totally with you on the whole uncomfortable thing. It seems like you just hit a point when you want to enjoy being pregnant but man you are just SO uncomfortable!
I don't blame you ONE BIT for having a C-Section! It is obviously what's best for you. I had a hard time with the fact that I had to have one with Gavin. It was because of high blood pressure and out of my hands, but I kind of felt like I was missing out on something. I had a great experience with it, and I am sure you will too. All that matters is Ethan getting here safe and sound, and you not having to live with major problems from delivery!
Can't wait to see pics of the little guy! :)
i was just noticing this morning that you have exactly one month. weird that our lives are going to change so much, so soon. i don't know ANYONE who would judge someone for a doctor recommended c-section... although you may find some random person at chik-fil-a that would.
i so wish that i'd taken more pictures of my belly growth like last time. i like seeing yours in order.
Wow, April 12 is so soon! We're so excited to meet little Ethan. I'm glad you're at peace with your decision for the C-section. Tearing sounded horrible so I'm sure this will be much better. I'm glad you like your doctor, too.
not that my opinion matters, but i think a csection is a great option. i'd actually prefer it if my doctor would agree. my gf just had a scheduled c section last month and thought it felt like a spa visit and was sad to leave. she especially liked the tube of warm air they gave her to blow on her face. anyways, we'll be praying for you.
Well, first of all let me say that I think you look beautiful. I do remember the numbness on my hip and leg with you girls. It wasn't fun but all so worth it. I am actually glad you are having a c-section b/c I was there watching while they sewed you up after having Luke. I was also there as you were recovering at home. I know God will take care of you and Ethan. I can't believe we are just a month away from meeting Ethan in person. By the way, grandmother says Ethan has really dropped. Love you, Nana
GIRL! Don't you hate it when you feel you have to justify your mommy decisions to others?? Like with breastfeeding, and I know you know what I mean. You are making a great decision I think. No one else business, that's for sure. Can't wait to see little Ethan!
Post a Comment