I found this website when Ryan Seacrest tweeted about it. It is about a 2 year old girl in Houston who is in the final stages of cancer. Her mom wrote this post and it really touched me. She talked about feeling regret about all those times she wanted her daughter to go to bed early or sleep longer so she could get things done. Now, all her daughter wants to do is sleep. I am definitely guilty of this. Sometimes I truly can’t wait until naptime for some time to myself. And, I just keep worrying about all the sleep I won’t be getting when I have a newborn in less than two months. But maybe, just maybe, I’ll remember this family and try to be thankful. I’m sure I’ll have my moments. So, if you hear me complaining—don’t be surprised! I don’t think you can truly have that mother’s perspective unless you are going through something like that—but—I want to try and remember this as much as I can.
And I’ll throw in a cute picture of Luke just for good measure. I love this little guy with all of my heart.
4 comments:
I know what you mean. Sometimes I just feel like I am ready for Gavin to go to sleep so I can have a break, then I feel guilty. I guess it's all about balance. Time for them, and time for yourself. It's just hard to find that balance. Just think, one day both our boys will be grown up and we will get to sleep all we want, but we'll be missing them!
so tragic...makes me so thankful yet my heart aches for them. I complain about sleep weekly so I need to stop complaining so much~
I love that little boy, too. He is such a blessing. We are all guilty of complaining and we know we shouldn't b/c we have so much to be thankful for. Thank goodness for God's amazing grace. Love, Nana
i'm guilty too. that is a super cute picture of lukie b.
Post a Comment