Sunday, February 14, 2010

3D Ultrasound, Birthday Lunch, and a Pregnancy Update

Just a warning…this is a long post. I haven’t posted in a while and a few things have happened since the last post. Hopefully you’re sitting somewhere comfortable….. :)

3D Ultrasound

On January 28 we had a 3D ultrasound for Ethan.  I absolutely loved seeing a better picture of him.  We did it with Luke, and we both thought it was worth it to do it again.  This one actually turned out  better than Luke’s.  I think he was in a better position and I was about three weeks further along.  I will go ahead and put pictures up to compare the two like Shauna did with Eli and Lily, but they really don’t look that much alike in the 3D ultrasound.  Here are two pictures of Ethan:

ethan3D ethan3D2

And a picture of Luke:

luke3D

And here is one of them side by side (Luke left/Ethan right):

luke3D2 ethan3D3

 

Birthday Lunch

On January 30 we had our annual birthday lunch to celebrate my Dad’s birthday, my birthday and Shauna’s birthday.  We went to Temple to Jim and Sharon’s house because Mom and Dad have been wanting to pick up pecans, and Jim and Sharon had a huge crop this year.  Then we all went to eat at Texas Roadhouse in Temple and came back to their house for cake and ice cream.  I wanted to get some pictures of me and Shauna pregnant because it isn’t every day that you and your sister are due to have babies exactly one week apart!

DSC_0002

DSC_0007

And I just love these two pictures of our favorite little munchkins:

DSC_0011

DSC_0017

Pregnancy Update

I went in Thursday for my OB checkup.  I am 31 weeks pregnant.  But I am measuring 34 weeks.  This exact thing happened in my pregnancy with Luke.  In fact, I wrote a blog post about it.  That time I was measuring 35 weeks though.  It doesn’t change my due date or anything.  It basically just means I get to be extra uncomfortable for the next two months.  I was hoping I wouldn’t get as uncomfortable this time but it looks like it will be the same.  I think Ethan just had a growth spurt recently because my discomfort is definitely worse.  I will get to have an ultrasound in two weeks to estimate his size and I will hopefully get a date for my c-section.

Mark and I finally decided on the bedding we wanted and we have been slowly getting the nursery ready.  Mark is painting the room right now.  I’ll post some pictures as soon as it is done. 

Okay, that’s all of my giant update.  If you’ve read this far—you must really love our family! :)

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I do love your family! :)

The 3D pictures came out great!! It's amazing how clear the pictures can be. I can't wait to see what his nursery looks like. I bet it's going to be so cute...

Sorry that you are going to have an extra long "uncomfortable" stage. That's just not fair! Glad that the baby is healthy though. Not much longer! You can make it!!

Jim and Sharon said...

I loved seeing Luke and Ethan side by side in the 3-D ultrasounds.

I know that you will be getting more and more uncomfortable as April approaches and are very smart to get Ethan's room ready now. Can't wait to see it when you and Mark are finished with it.

The picture of our two "munchkins" are so cute-- can't believe the two will turn to four in a few weeks!!

Love,
Ammy

Shauna Lynn said...

that really wasn't long. i'm glad you got to have a good ultrasound experience. i can't wait to see the nursery all painted! we (i mean jeff) painted eli's today and hung the pictures.

Tom said...

I love the all the pictures and the update. I don't know if it has really sunk in for me that Ethan and Eli will be about 1 week apart b/c I really am not fretting. Hopefully this is a sign that I am maturing in my walk with God. I know it will all work out. Remind me of this in April. I AM excited! Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

Ethan is absolutely precious! I can't wait to meet him. Miss you all!

Jenni

Cora said...

Great pictures! Birchie asked for "More Luke?" It sounds like everything is on track. Can't wait to meet little Ethan!

Cristi said...

Thanks for the update. I love the comparison pics of the boys. Wow! I can't wait for little Ethan to arrive :) Sorry about your discomfort. If you need some Vicodin, I'm just a phone call away! ha I'm behind on posting for us, so my goal is to do a post by the end of this week. Love ya'll.

Jaime said...

New baby James is Gorgeous...I can already tell!