Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas 2009 Recap

DSC_0023-1

I love this picture of Luke making his “happy” face for the camera.

We had a wonderful Christmas with both sides of the family. We feel so blessed! Luke had a “Cars” Christmas. The movie Cars is his latest obsession, so he was able to get lots of cars to add to his collection. He also got his very own iPod Touch. So, now he can watch movies and television shows and play games in the car without always borrowing Mommy’s iPhone.

We spent the day before Christmas Eve and Christmas Eve with my parents and celebrated with them and the Olsons. Luke and Lily had so much fun together. I love that they have each other for playmates and are fairly good at entertaining each other. They made a gingerbread house together, but all those pictures are on Nana’s camera. They also decorated cookies for Santa and had lots of fun playing with all their new stuff they got while at Nana and Augie’s house.

We came home Christmas Eve night and little before Luke’s bedtime and let him play a little bit before bed. He helped Mark sprinkle “reindeer food” in the yard and helped get Santa’s plate of cookies ready and a few carrots for the reindeer.

We woke up around 7 a.m. on Christmas and got things ready. We thought Luke was awake because we had heard him earlier on the monitor, but when we went in there, he was asleep. So we woke him up to come see what Santa had brought him. He was really excited about everything. I’m trying to figure out what our traditions as a family will be. I want to have a special Christmas morning breakfast for us. I fixed Monkey Bread this year. I’m not sure if that will be our lifelong tradition or not. I’ll probably have to experiment for a few years.

We headed to Mark’s parents’ house around 10 a.m. on Christmas to spend the rest of the day and the next day with Mark’s family. Luke was completely spoiled all over again and got lots of fun stuff. Ammy fixed a delicious lunch, and we had lots of fun with Mark’s family.

The day after Christmas I woke up early to go to Target to check out their after-Christmas deals. I stocked up on gift bags and a few other things. That afternoon, Mark, David and I went to see The Blind Side (LOVED it!!) while Ammy and PawPaw took Luke to Chick-Fil-A and home for a nap.

Here are lots of pictures. I had trouble narrowing them down. Plus this is mostly for our memories. :)


DSC_0197-2

DSC_0008-1 DSC_0042-1 DSC_0070-1 DSC_0057-1 DSC_0100-1 DSC_0111-2 DSC_0107-1 DSC_0222 DSC_0207-3DSC_0159

DSC_0150DSC_0178 DSC_0211 DSC_0215

6 comments:

Jim and Sharon said...

What a glorious Christmas it was! I love the pictures. Luke and Lily had their very special Christmases before they will share the spotlight with their brothers. Looking forward to all things wonderful in 2010. So glad to see the pictures and the post.
Ammy

Cristi said...

Looks like ya'll had fun. I'm so mad at myself. I didn't pick up my camera one time. I only used our video camera. Lovely. :)

Stephanie said...

Looks like a great Christmas! I love the pictures in front of the tree. That white tree is beautiful!

I also love the idea of the iPod touch to watch movies on! Gavin is definitely going to need to be able to watch movies in the car soon!!!

Chad and Tara James: said...

Suzanne, you look so beautiful! I loved your hair pulled back like that. I'm glad that you all had a great Christmas. Can't wait to meet Ethan!

Shauna Lynn said...

it was fun! I'm so thankful that luke and lily have each other. i'm glad you guys had a good time in belton.

Tom said...

We had a great Christmas! I love all of you so much and I am so thankful for God's blessing of family. Great pictures. Jim and Sharon's tree is a gorgeous backdrop for great pictures. Love, Nana