Sunday, September 13, 2009

April 20, 2010….

is my official due date. Yes, that’s right—we are expecting a baby!  And I’m only due three days before Shauna’s official due date!!! My parents are going to have a busy week that week! :) I was trying to hold off on sharing the news until I am out of my first trimester, but I just can’t do it. I don’t know some of you people wait that long before telling people. We did decide to wait a little longer this time to tell most of our friends and family since I had the miscarriage in April. I’ve gone in weekly for ultrasounds and everything looks great, and Baby James #2 is progressing normally and looking great. I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to be fully honest with any of you in the last few weeks. It is just something we were waiting until we felt comfortable to share. I had my official 8 week pregnancy confirmation appointment on Friday. 

I’ve had a lot more nausea and have been so tired this time—much more so than with the miscarriage. This morning I vomited for the first time. Good times. Food sounds gross for the most part. My bad morning sickness set in with Luke around 8 weeks and I’m 8 weeks 5 days today---so possibly this one is following the same pattern.  Although, I don’t remember the all day nausea last time. It seemed to go away and then come back last time. This time it is hanging around most of the day. I don’t know how someone who is pregnant can work. I’m not sure how I managed to teach school last time. I am so tired!! I really think it helps with the nausea this time that I am able to ease out of bed in the mornings around 7:30 a.m. rather than wake up at 6 a.m. and hit the ground running. 

Pregnancy is such a time of faith building for me. I have absolutely no control over anything and I just have to trust God. He definitely comforted us through the miscarriage and gave us peace about that situation. I am thankful we are pregnant again so quickly and truly just trying to trust God every single day with this pregnancy. I love how verses you never knew existed can become so important and tell you exactly what you need to hear. I came across this verse early in this pregnancy and I repeat it daily:  “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

15 comments:

Shauna Lynn said...

yay! i'm so glad the cat's out of the bag! i just knew i was going to ruin it. i'm so excited to get to go through this pregnancy with you and that in April we'll have two new little BFF cousin twins.

Mrs. Colleen Ford said...

How exciting! I will be praying for a smooth pregnancy and that God will keep this little one healthy! April babies are great! :) I couldn't be more excited for you!

Jim and Sharon said...

Well, I think you know how PawPaw and Ammy feel! We are so excited for Luke to have a little brother or sister. So glad you are telling everyone so we can now spread the word. It was so hard to keep such a wonderful secret....

Hope you can feel better but if not, maybe you can get a little more rest since you are not teaching and have MDO for Luke. I have no doubt that your faith will sustain you through it all. Let us know when we can help.
Love you all bunches!!
Ammy & PawPaw

Liz said...

YIPPEE!! You know, I wondered by the way you answered my question. ;-) But I figured you'd share when there was news to share. So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

yea! i am so glad the cat is out of the bag!! =) we are praying for you guys!

Stephanie said...

Yea! I am so excited for you, Mark and Big Brother Luke! You and Shauna are going to have so much fun being pregnant at the same time. Can't wait to see those two little babies. :)

One of my favorite verses that I have heard that to me has to do with trusting in Him while you are pregnant is:

"He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it." Phil 1:6

Jaime said...

A HUGE congrats! You guys will be in my prayers. I have been there and Caroline was such a relief b/c I was ridiculously sick for 18 weeks...sounds odd, but symptoms are sooo good! :)

Seth , Angie, Noah said...

I am so happy for you guys. I've been praying so hard for you and Mark! You're so blessed, what an awesome situation to be preggo with Shauna! I'm so jealous :) I'm thrilled that our baby girl will have two friends so close to her age :)

Elizabeth said...

YAY! That is wonderful! Sorry you don't feel the best but time will fly.

Brandi said...

Congrats to you!! So happy for all of you---Luke will be a great big brother! Can't wait to meet the new little addition to your wonderful family!

Cristi said...

Can't wait to meet Baby James #2! And we're so very excited for ya'll. Yay!!

Tom said...

Needless to say Augie and I are thrilled. We can't wait to see the little darlings. It will be an exciting month. God is good and His faithfulness endures forever. You are right there are so many versus from God's word that help us. I am thankful, thankful, thankful! Love you, Nana

Anonymous said...

April is the best month you know. Maybe #2 will wait just 48 short hours and make it to April 22...I hear that's the best day in April:) Central Texas becomes a brighter place to call home in April 2010!!!:)
William

Pat said...

I am so excited to hear about your pregnancy. What a blessing! I will look forward to many updates!
Love,
Pat

Charity said...

Congrats! We are so happy and excited for you guys!