Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day

Today was Luke’s first day of preschool/Mother’s Day Out. He had a great day! He walked right in the classroom and started playing. I don’t know if he even noticed that Mark and I left. On the way to school, he was singing the song from Sid the Science Kid when he goes to school….he was singing, “I’m looking for my friends. I’m looking for you!” It was really cute. His teacher said he had a great day and she said he went right to sleep on his nap mat. I was really surprised about that one—since he has never slept on one before. But he did great and was happy to see me when I picked him up. He wasn’t being too cooperative with posing for pictures this morning, but we got a few. We were going outside to get a few on the front porch and when I was walking out of the front door I stubbed my toe and ripped off about half of my big toenail. I thought I was going to faint, so Mark was helping me out, and that cut our picture time short.

I think he is going to have so much fun at school this year and I thoroughly enjoyed having almost five hours to myself!

DSC_0068

I LOVE this picture with his crazy bed-head hair and his little sleepy eyes.

DSC_0071 DSC_0074 DSC_0082 DSC_0093 DSC_0099

DSC_0106

DSC_0107

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

He looks so cute in those pictures. That is awesome that he did so good on his first day. Gosh, your whole toe thing sounds terrible! Hope it's feeling okay!

Jim and Sharon said...

I can't keep from smiling when I see these beautiful pictures. He looks so happy.
Ouch!!! sorry about the toe.
Ammy

Anonymous said...

so cute, and what a champ!!

hope your toe is okay!!

Cristi said...

Ouch, that hurt just reading about your toe. Luke looks adorable as expected. That's cute that he was singing, Brody loves to watch Sid the Science Kid :)

Shauna Lynn said...

so cute! did you dance away as you were leaving like sid's mom? don't post pictures of your toe... like you did of mom's.

Mrs. Colleen Ford said...

Luke looks just like your husband! He is really a cute little boy!

Tom said...

I am so glad you blog. It helps all of us be apart of these special moments in Luke's life. He is a precious little boy. It is so much fun watching him grow up. It goes by so fast - enjoy! enjoy!enjoy! Love, Nana

Jaime said...

adorable...Reid has that shirt! I'm glad you got some smiles...my pics are a little angry looking. Not b/c Reid's angry, but b/c he just will NOT smile for me.