On Sunday afternoon, Luke got his first (and hopefully last) black eye. It is his first big injury since this. He decided it would be fun to spin around really fast. He got dizzy and hit the edge of the coffee table with his head. It made the loudest noise! I'm thankful a black eye is all we're dealing with. He cried REALLY hard for a couple of minutes, but as soon as he had his pacifier, monkey and bear, he calmed down. He's a tough little guy!! It's not very good timing--we were planning to get a family photo this week for our Christmas card. But I guess that's just life with an extremely active two year old boy.
This is what it looked like right after it happened:
This is what it looks like today:
7 comments:
awwww! poor little thing. he looks real cute with it... i think you should embrace it for your christmas photo. umm... remember when you made me do that on the coffee table by tricking me into racing over the couch?... the sagging left eye skin in the mirror reminds me every day!
oh my word! Poor baby! He is so active, you know it's that Y-chromosome thing, ha ha!
ouch! poor thing. i am glad he is okay...i am learning just how resilient little boys are!!
I enjoyed hearing Luke's version of the story. It involved "spinning round round...boo boo...grammy pawpaw and dizzy."
He's a little trooper.
yikes! poor lukey james:(
Lukie James looks like he can handle himself with that eye! I dare anyone at MDO to confront him with any nonsense! I am sorry that he got such a boo-boo, but as active as he is, this will be one of many I predict. Go for it, Lukie! Live life to the fullest! There are plenty of ice packs and hugs on standby.
Love,
Ammy
Post a Comment