Luke started "school" this past Tuesday. It's actually Mother's Day Out, but we are calling it school since he can say that and we are trying to not confuse him between going to school and church. (His school is at one church, but we actually attend a different church.) He did great the first day. He remembered the room from the "Meet the Teacher" night, so he ran right in and started playing. Mark and I quietly slipped out. We were both so nervous dropping him off. It just seemed like a really big step for him (and us)--he is growing up fast.
I picked him up at 1:00 and he was happy to see me. His teacher said he cried off and on throughout the day, but that he did okay. He hardly ate any of his lunch (big surprise!) and he was worn out. He was asleep within 5 minutes of being in the car. On Thursday I took him again and this time he cried when I pulled into the parking lot and didn't want me to leave him. The teacher took him from me and I told her to use the trusty pacifier if she needed it. Well, when I picked him up, he had his pacifier in. So I am assuming he used it all day. I will send it one or two more times while he is adjusting but then he's going to have to make it without it. They are learning about dinosaurs and now we have lots of new artwork for our refrigerator.
Whoever thought of Mother's Day Out is a genius. It's wonderful. I am so much more productive than on days we are both at home. It's the perfect amount of time for him to be away. Not too much--but just enough to get a few things done and have some time to eat my lunch in peace (and read my blogs!).
5 comments:
Luke all grows up. He looks like such a big boy in those photos. I know it's a hard adjustment, but I'm sure he'll adapt. Sorry about the crying at school. He comes by it honestly from his dad and uncle.
Hooray for MDO!
Uncle David
Those are the cutest ever photos of Luke preparing for his first MDO. He looks so bright, shiny, and squeaky clean with his backpack in tow for his first big day.
I am glad he has his trusted friend,the pacifier, to comfort him in the meantime.
Thanks for updating.
Love to all -- Ammy
i am so proud of you and luke!! it is a big step for all of you. his backpack is too cute!!
precious. he's such a big boy. wish i had mdo. lily would do the same thing... but i have no trusty pacifier.
Luke has got to be the cutest little boy I've ever seen, next to my own of course! ;-)
Post a Comment