We had a wonderful second birthday party for Luke on Saturday at Gymboree. Earlier in the week Mark and I were contemplating changing his party to Sunday because of Hurricane Ike. The weather forecasters were saying it was going to hit Austin pretty hard. Fortunately for us (but definitely not for people in the Houston area), the hurricane shifted and all we had was a windy and overcast day. So, it was a perfect day to play at Gymboree! Luke's Grammy (Sharon) made his AWESOME cake to look like Gymbo the clown:
She also made adorable cupcakes, personalized with each child's name:
She did an absolutely WONDERFUL job and we are so thankful, as always, for her and PawPaw's help.
I think all 10 of the kids had a really great time (including baby Brody!). I don't think many of them had been to Gymboree before, so this was a new and exciting experience for them. Luke got so many fun gifts from his friends and family. My only complaint from the day was how quickly we had to leave Gymboree. They strictly enforced the 1.5 hour we paid for (or at least they did that day). Most of the kids were not ready to leave when our time was up. But really--when are kids ever ready when it's time to leave something fun?? Here are some pictures from the party (I'm mostly posting pictures of Luke in case our friends aren't okay with their kids' pictures on the internet):
Thanks for coming to celebrate Luke's birthday with us!
Luke actually turns 2 on Tuesday. We're planning to bring some of the yummy cupcakes made by Grammy up to his school so he can celebrate his birthday there. He has his 2 year check-up on Wednesday. Thankfully, there are no shots involved at this appointment. On Monday, I am starting MOPS. I am looking forward to meeting some new people and hopefully making some friends.
11 comments:
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y!
L U K E
That was a great party.
David
Sorry we missed out on a what looks to be a great time!! My tummy finally got better...but I definitely didn't want anyone else getting sick!!
Happy Birthday, Luke! Maybe you can take Drew to Gymboree some other time!!
What a fantastic party!! All of the kids were precious - and I think Luke knew he was the center of attention. What a joy it was to see him interact with all of his little friends. It was a blessed day!
Happy Birthday #2, Luke James!!
Ammy and PawPaw love you so much!!
Happy Birthday Luke!!! I loved seeing the Gymboree pictures! They sure brought back wonderful memories. Time moves so very fast! Ya'll are doing such a great job with Luke! I am so proud of ya'll. God Bless, Becky
Luke is so precious! I can't believe he's already 2. I sure wish I could see him again. Gymboree sure looks like a fun place.
I had a great time at the party. It was so much fun to see Luke play with all of his friends.
Happy Birthday Luke!!!
Love,
Aunt Pat
We had a blast. Thank you for letting us participate in Luke's birthday. We wouldn't have missed it for the world. We love you guys! :) Cristi
we had sooo much fun! glad you put the picture of lily making the squirrel face. i laughed hysterically when I saw that one on our camera.
p.s. those party favor bubbles are AWESOME!
We loved it. It was our 1st time at Gymboree, too. I think everyone had a good time. My favorite memories are watching Luke count and jump and Lily laying in the scarves. Happy Birthday to our precious grandson. The cake was amazing. Love you all, Nana and Augie
thanks so much for having us at Luke's party!! the kids had so much fun, and Luke was too cute. those bubbles are AWESOME. we've already played with them tons!!
Happy Birthday to Luke!
Post a Comment