Luke will be 23 months old on Saturday. He is talking so much! He says sentences, like "Dada is sleepy." He also adds "-ing" to words; he will say "march" and then start marching and say "marching."
He refers to himself in the third person. And the way he says his name is "Wuke or "Wukie" (because I call him Lukie a lot of the time). He'll say, "Hi Wuke!" with tons of enthusiasm. It is so cute. He also says, "Ood (good) job Wukie!" when he does something he thinks we should be proud of. Apparently he needs a lot of praise. Shauna said, "Well, he comes by that honestly." (I need a lot of praise too :) )
He eats very little. I can't tell you how many meals I have prepared for him that I have had to throw EVERY SINGLE THING away. Some days are better than others, but most days aren't that great on the eating front. His favorite food now seems to be pretzels.
He is getting taller. He can now open the doors all over the house.
He finally decided he likes to swim. Most of the summer, when we went to the pool, he would just get in and out and he really didn't seem to care that much for the water. Well, THANKFULLY, in the last few weeks he has changed and he seems to love the pool. We went to the neighborhood pool yesterday and he played in the water for at least an hour. It was great not having to chase him around in and out of the pool as much.
He only takes a pacifier at night and at naptime. We don't give it to him outside of his crib. We started that the weekend after July 4th. It was pretty rough the first day. He cried for a LONG time and we stayed home pretty much the whole day. But the next day was much better and since then he almost always willingly gives up his pacifier before I get him out of his bed. The one exception we have is that we have given it to him the past 2 Sundays in the church nursery. We started going to Georgetown First Baptist Church recently. The first time we left him in the nursery, we were paged about halfway through the service and had to pick him up because he was so upset. The next Sunday, we put his pacifier in his bag and said they could give it to him. We weren't paged that day and when we came to pick him up he was playing, with his pacifier securely in his mouth. Then last Sunday, we came to pick him up and he was playing and the pacifier was in his bag. So, he is making
progress!
He LOVES The Wiggles! For a couple of months, he couldn't get enough of Blues Clues. Then one day, he just started asking for The Wiggles (which really surprised me because we've never really had it on the television much). But he had seen it somewhere along the way and now that is all he wants to watch.
He sits
at the table with us now in a booster seat and eats off of a plate. We stopped using the highchair for the most part.
He starts Mother's Day Out at Celebration Church on September 2. He will go Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 until 1. I am excited to have that time to take care of a lot of things at home, but when I really think about dropping him off that first day, I get pretty nervous.
He is really affectionate (at least for now). He gives us hugs and kisses all the time, without prompting. He also loves to give Lily a huge hug and then they both topple to the ground. He really seems to like Lily a lot more now and it is really cute to watch them together. He can still be really possessive with toys, but they do seem to have fun together.
As of last Saturday, he no longer calls Uncle David, "Uh Day." He calls him "David."
He knows a lot of the alphabet. I would estimate that he knows almost half of the letters when you show him one and ask him. I attribute a lot of that to watching the Leapfrog Letter Factory DVD so many times.
He loves to say, "Where ARE you [insert object]?" Anytime he hears me say something like "Where's the remote?" or "Where's your cup?" He starts saying "Where ARE you, amote?" or "Where ARE you, cup?" I love it, it's so cute.
That's all I can think of right now. I can't believe he will be 2 in just a month! We definitely have our trying days, but for the most part, he is a happy little guy and we have a lot of fun with him.
8 comments:
I enjoyed reading about our dear little Luke at almost 2. He is growing up and it is so much fun to watch him. We love being apart of is his life. Love you all, Nana
he's so precious and smart. i'm glad to have this record to go back to. if lily's not saying her letters and phonemes by 23 months... I'm going to start guided reading lessons with her to keep up.
what a great post...i enjoyed reading every bit of it. i can't wait to see luke in person and hear him talking...cute! it is so neat how they have their own little ways. a little note on the wiggles, we have been watching them some in the mornings since they are on early and drew is up early...so much so that i had a dream the other night about anthony!! crazy...
he's so cute and smart. i enjoyed reading the update.
tiff
This is a wonderful write-up of Luke's progress as an almost 2 year old. His is so smart, and has a wonderful Mom and Dad who are doing a fantastic job of parenting. We love every single new thing he does and says....thanks for updating.
Ammy
I would have to agree with the other comments very cute post! It's fun to read about the developments of children. He sounds so cute and I would love to hear his little voice! And boy do I remember those pacifier days. The dentisit told us that we didn't have to get rid of it until 3 or 4 but we did the same thing you all did with just night time. Then we had her pack them up and give them away and if she did that she got a prize. It was a hard first night but then after that she was good. Too cute!
Great post, Suz. You'd make a good anthropologist. It'll be amazing to go back and read this post in a few months and be amazed at how much he's learned. He's the best!
Uh-Day/David
Gosh, he's so smart, but that's to be expected. If Brody is behind on the talking, I'll just have to bring him up to Round Rock for some lessons from Luke. Can't believe he's almost 2 yrs old. He just gets cuter and cuter, is that even possible? :) Cristi
Post a Comment