We had a great Fourth of July at Jim and Sharon's--despite the fact that Luke was in a fussy mood most of the day. He had moments of being fine, so we made it through the day. Thankfully both sets of grandparents were there to give us many breaks throughout the day. I am hoping he will be a better playmate for Nathan next year. Nathan was as happy as he could be all day long.
USA Today named the Belton parade one of the Top Ten parades in the Nation on July 4th. We attempted to go to the parade in the morning. To say it was hot is a huge understatement. It was miserable. But Mark and David have been going to the Belton parade their entire lives (including in utero) so they can't miss one. I, on the other hand, am fine missing the parade and I think I will let that be a father/uncle/son bonding experience from now on. Luke and Nathan rode in the wagon to the parade and that was pretty much the extent of Luke's time at the parade. I ended up walking him back to the car and we waited until everyone in our group had seen enough of the parade and we went back to the house.
The food was phenomenal, as usual. Luke and Nathan swam a little bit in the afternoon. It was fun to see family and friends and catch up with everyone. David counted 59 people in attendance! Here are a few pictures from the day:
Luke watching PawPaw put up the flag.
Luke swinging in the early morning when he was still in a good mood.
Luke and Nathan showing their patriotism.
Luke trying to escape from the wagon on the way to the parade.
Luke and Nathan playing in the pool.
On Tuesday, Mark and David are leaving for a brother trip to San Francisco. Conveniently, David's business trip coincided with the release of the new iPhone. So, Mark and David are going to "fit in" a trip to the Apple Store to get a new iPhone. I'm still not convinced that this isn't the only reason for the trip, but Mark assures me that he is going to do some sightseeing while he is there. I hope they have a great time. They haven't been on a trip with just the two of them since 2000, so I am excited for them to have some twin brother bonding time. Luke and I are going to miss them, but we will try to keep ourselves busy. We are planning a trip to the San Antonio Zoo with Nana, Shauna and Lily one day during the week.
6 comments:
wow! how awesome:) we may have to tag along next year!!! tiff
hope we can be there next year... and then luke probably won't be the fussiEST kid there. we're psyched about the zoo!
ditto what shauna said!! =)
have fun at the zoo!!
The 4th at the James was superb. I think Jim and Sharon could open up a BBQ place and it would be a huge success. I know Luke was a little fussy but kids don't always react like we want them to. That's what helps you grow as a parent. I can't wait to see how he and Lily like the zoo. I am excited for Mark and David to get the new iphone. Love you all. Nana
I like Tom's idea about the BBQ restaurant. I'll have to start lobbying the city council to loosen their zoning laws. We could call it the Salt Lick North. It was one of the best Fourth's we've ever had.
We had SO much fun! Nathan still had fun playing with Luke! Thanks again for letting us come along for the food and fun!
Post a Comment