Thursday, September 7, 2006

Still waiting for "Labor Day"

Quick update: I saw the nurse today for my weekly check up, and unfortunately I hadn’t made any more progress, but Luke sure had. He gained more than a pound since last Thursday and now weighs 8 lbs. 15 ozs.

I had high hopes that they’d schedule an induction early next week given that he was getting so big so fast and that I had so much fluid. They called me this afternoon to let me know I’m scheduled for an induction on Monday, September 18, unless Luke decides to come before then. Shauna will be in Hawaii then, so I’m kind of bummed about that, but she’ll be able to see him on September 20 when she gets back.

Please pray that he decides to come before September 18 as long as he doesn’t come on Saturday from 7-10:30 p.m. during the Texas-Ohio St. game. (Mark made me put that in there, but really he’d be fine if he did come then.)

I’m pretty miserable but trying to hang in there. Sharon brought tortilla soup and chicken salad to us on Wednesday afternoon, so it was nice to have some good home-cooked food. I haven’t felt up to cooking since...oh....January. :-)

My boredom has brought me to playing Nintendo. Not the new Nintendo but the classic 1980s one. Thank goodness Mom still kept it--Power Pad and all.

2 comments:

The James Family said...

GRAMMY
I keep praying that Luke will make an earlier appearance than the 18th so that you can get some relief.
I think it would be a hoot if he did come during the game. That would make a good story his dad can tell him every time UT plays Ohio State.
Hang in there, keep playing Nintendo, and Hook'em Horns (Did you hear that, Luke?)
Love you bunches.
Friday, September 8, 2006 - 03:08 PM

AMBER
Oh my goodness! I love the nintendo comment. Hopefully you are not using the powerpad!!!

Hang in there...you are down to the end!!!
Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 08:51 PM

DENISE (AMBER'S MOM)
I truly know how you feel. I was late with both Justin (14 days) and Seth (16 days). You will soon be relieved and will exchange it for a precious little baby boy. I am so excited for you and I bet your Mom and Day can hardly wait. I love being a grandma. Take it easy these next few days.
Monday, September 11, 2006 - 09:50 AM

The James Family said...

TARA BOURQUE
Hey Suz! You look great in the picture playing Nintendo. I love it! Monday (or Luke) will be here before you know it!
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 12:36 PM