Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Luke's First Days


He’s here! Luke Bennett James was born on Saturday, September 16, 2006, at 10:22 a.m. He weighed 8 lbs. 13 ozs. and was 20 inches long.

Suzanne’s water broke at 5:35 p.m. on Friday about 10 minutes after I got home from work. We called the doctor and by 6 p.m. we were on our way to Seton Northwest. After a long night of labor, Suzanne began pushing around 8 a.m. on Saturday. She did an amazing job!

We came home on Monday afternoon and took Luke to his first appointment with the pediatrician this morning. He’s doing great--already gaining weight.

We’re pretty proud of him and can’t wait to show him off to everyone. Check out the photo gallery of his first few days. More photos and video to come. Suzanne has many more details of her labor to share, but right now breast feeding Luke is taking up most of her time.

1 comment:

The James Family said...

GREAT AUNT PAT
I am absolutely in love with this little guy! He is beautiful, adorable and has a personality to match!! (But, of course, I knew that all along....) Watching him grow up will be so much fun. My love to you all.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 03:35 PM

AMBER
I am so excited that he is here and that I already got to meet him. I smile so big everytime I think of y'all as parents. How fun! He is so cute!!! Enjoy!
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 09:00 PM

COUSIN'S RON & CHARITY MILLER
We are so excited and happy that Luke is finally here. He is a beautiful baby boy. We can't wait until we meet him in person!
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 10:34 PM

MAGGIE
Thanks for posting the pictures! You "all " look great. Happy to hear Luke is doing so well. I will send copies of the pics we took on Sunday.
Love Bunches!
Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 01:06 AM

UNCLE DJ
Luke is the perfect little gentleman. So well behaved and extremely cute. I can't wait to see him again. It's only been, what, 1 day?
Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 08:41 PM