
I had my doctor appointment today. I am 36 weeks 5 days according to their calculations. We had an ultrasound to check out how big Luke is and to check out my fluid level. The ultrasound estimated that he weighs 7 lbs. 11 oz. right now. My fluid level is still higher than normal, but not outrageously high. Dr. Pevoto checked me out and said that I am 50 % effaced. That means that my cervix is starting to thin out. I am not dilated yet. The baby is at a 0 station, which means his head is engaged in the pelvis. The scale they use is -5 to +5. Dr. Pevoto said that he was really glad the baby was so low.
Based on Luke’s size and the amount of fluid I have, we discussed getting induced at 39 weeks if I haven’t already gone into labor. However, my due date falls on a Saturday. Dr. Pevoto said they are pretty strict these days about not letting people be induced before 39 weeks, so we may have to wait until 9/18 to be induced. But he thought he could probably get approval to induce me on 9/14 or 9/15 because of the excessive amniotic fluid. At that point (9/14) I would be 38 weeks 5 days. All of this is only if I don’t go into labor on my own. I used to be against inductions, but I am all for being induced now!! I am tired of being miserable and in pain 24 hours a day! So that’s the update.
We added some before and after photos of Luke’s nursery. To view the photos you can either click on Luke’s Nursery Photos at the top of the page (below Keeping Up With The Jameses) or click here.
1 comment:
DAVD
I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable. I know the back pain combined with the heat is not a fun combination. The nursery is perfect. I'm sure Nate Berkus would approve. Hang in there.
Uncle David
Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 03:17 PM
MOLLY
Can Luke come over and play?
Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 03:18 PM
AMBER
Suz, you are looking soooo cute!!! Hang in there!
Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 06:05 PM
AMBER
The room looks great! The walls compliment the furniture. I love it... I saw my gift too!!! Y'all did a great job.
Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 06:10 PM
SHARON (GRAMMY)
Hurray for the progress! I know you are ready and we will pray that Luke will be ready to make his debut long before the official due date. Just know that you have so many people rallying around all three of you and are ready and willing to help in any way to make these days more bearable.
Love you.
Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 07:21 PM
GREAT AUNT MAGGIE
HI Y'all! Thanks for the news. I can't wait to see Luke, so, Suzanne, would you mind going ahead and having Luke this weekend. "Labor" Day and all, you know! Sounds like the right time to me :)
Pictures are great. I sent Luke a snail mail package today but y'all may open it for him! Much Love to you both! mj
Friday, September 1, 2006 - 09:40 PM
Post a Comment