I took in my first SXSW concert yesterday at Auditorium Shores! After nine plus years living in Austin, I'd say it was about time. I guess it's like people who have lived in New York City for years and say they've never been to the Statue of Liberty. I feel bad that Suz couldn't attend, too. She was not feeling 100% yesterday afternoon, and the walking and the smell of turkey legs, funnel cakes and the sweet leaf probably would not have helped the situation.
The concert was really fun. With the skyline of Austin as the backdrop to the stage, it created quite a unique atmosphere. I was expecting to just see Roseanne Cash and the Little Willies (the Willie Nelson/Townes Van Zandt tribute band fronted by Nora Jones), but between the Little Willies and Roseanne Cash sets, we were graced by the presence of Kinky Friedman. This guy is everywhere (or maybe I'm just everywhere he is??? Hmm.) Anyway, I got to shake his hand and get his autograph on a cool silk screen-printed retro-looking poster for SXSW that were beind handed out for free. Throw in the fact that Texss won its first round NCAA basketball game later that night, I'd have to call the night a success.
Spring break is winding down for Suz. I took the day off on Thursday to spend the day with her and go to the doctor appointment. (Read her blog entry below for a recap.) I spent the afternoon working out in the yard. I've attached some photos of the back yard taken last week on a much sunnier, warmer day.


No comments:
Post a Comment