Saturday, March 4, 2006

Just an Update

Suz here....I thought I would update. It seems like all the bloggers are updating less often but I still check all of them every day....several times a day. If you haven't read Shauna's latest posting please read it. It is hilarious!! She writes about how my Mom and Dad are treating me during my pregnancy. My Mom gives me the sympathy I need and my Dad gives me the tough love. But even though I like to give my Dad a hard time for not giving me much sympathy, I think it's probably good to have a balance. That's how it was my whole life--Mom gave me sympathy when I needed it and Dad gave me tough love and "nuggets" (his term for advice).

My morning sickness was a lot better this past week. I figured out that if I eat about 3 saltines before I get out of bed, I won't throw up. Also, I make sure to eat a pretty good snack when school is over and that keeps me feeling okay through the evening.

The Oscars are on Sunday. I am not as excited this year because I'm not really attached to any of the movies. I think Brokeback Mountain will win most things. I really liked Crash but I think Brokeback Mountain is going to win the best picture prize. I hope Reese Witherspoon wins. I like her. Also, this year will mark the first year since I was about 14 that I am planning to go to bed before the Oscars are over. I used to take the Oscars day and the day after off of work. It was a really big deal for me. But this year, I just can't stay up until the bitter end.

One more thing--I just have one more week of school until spring break!!!

2 comments:

Shauna Lynn said...

thanks for the link... it should really bring some extra traffic toward my blog.
i think brokeback mountain is overrated... i'm going to go out on a limb and say crash will take it.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Shauna. Crash needs to take home best picture. And, if Reese doesn't win, it'll be a huge loss for Hollywood. As for best actor, I'm torn. I completely am sold on Philip Seymour Hoffman winning for Capote - such a great flick. EVERYONE should read In Cold Blood and then watch Capote; however, my heart belongs to Joquin. What a hottie!