Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Five

DSC_0525

I can’t believe our Lukie B is five! Five seems like such a big milestone.  He’s a real live kid now. :) We had a fun two days of celebrating but I only took pictures of the party and not all the other stuff we did.  But I’m going to talk about it for memory’s sake.

Friday:

  • Woke up to a new {little} circus tent (from Ikea) in the playroom and a new Spider Man book too.
  • Picked up some doughnut holes at Shipley’s and went to the fun park with the merry-go-round and the tall slides and played for a long time.  He made a little friend and had a blast playing with him. Ethan loved the park too and wasn’t afraid of anything and went down all the slides by himself.
  • Left the park and drove downtown so Luke could see skyscrapers.  He has been interested in those lately and wanted to see some.
  • Rented Hoodwinked Two and watched that while Ethan napped.
  • Family dinner at McDonald’s (Luke’s choice), playing at the playscape, and an ice cream cone.

Saturday:

  • Birthday Party at 10:00!
  • After the party he wanted to open all his toys and Mark spent a while putting his pirate ship together and then we started working on the Batcave and the Joker-Bot
  • Luke and I went to the Disney store at the mall so Luke could get Jack Skellington—something he has wanted a looooong time.  I have no idea why.  But he bought it with some birthday money.
  • Watched Lion King 3D at the movies with popcorn and Sprite.  He was so good at the movies.

DSC_0583

The birthday party on Saturday was lots of fun.  It was fun (and a little stressful) to have it at our house.  This is the first time I’ve ever felt like we could have a party at our house because we have the space and a shady backyard.  There just wasn’t enough room at our old house.  Luke wanted a Spider Man theme for his party.  We got the yard all ready for the party:

September 20111

Ammy made him an awesome cake:

DSC_0515

DSC_0617

Shauna made a really fun game for the kids to shoot silly string at some of the Spider Man villains:

September 20113

We had a Spider Man piñata. I just love Brody’s face.  He was serious about hitting that thing:

Collages

And here are a few other pictures from the party:

September 20114

A good time was had by all.  And I just have to say that I could never have had the party without the help of my wonderful, amazing, unbelievably generous and talented mother-in-law, Sharon.  She was a huge help to me and I love her so much!

Oh and here is a picture of the one crafty thing I made for the party. A wreath for the front door:

wreath

4 comments:

David James said...

Awesome job on the door wreath. You know, those would make great water balloons at some point. Sounds like LBJ had a great TWO days celebrating. That boy is loved beyond measure. Can't wait to see him again.

Jim and Sharon said...

What an awesome party you gave for Luke's 5th birthday!! He is much-loved by all who were there to celebrate his big day!!
I think this backyard will be the perfect setting for many, many more celebrations in the years to come.
Well-done Mark and Suz!! Luke will certainly remember this special birthday!!
Love, Ammy

Tom said...

Everything was wonderful. I agree with Ammy that the backyard will be perfect for more celebrations to come. I think your house is awesome as well. I think everyone had a great time especially the b-day boy. I thought Ammy's cake was amazing. I don't know how she does it. The wreath was so colorful and the kids loved Shuana's villian game. I bet Mark is still finding silly string. Love, Nana

Shauna Lynn said...

i can't believe he's five either. i love that he can make friends with any random kid at any random play area. the party was really cute and lots of fun... would have been a lot cooler if jeff had agreed to wear a spidey-suit though.