Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One

DSC_0286 Our sweet Ethan turned one yesterday.  I really can’t believe it.  It has gone by so quickly.  But it also feels like he has been a part of the family forever.  I am so behind in blogging and talking about what he is up to these days so I will just do what I can for now.

How we celebrated his birthday:

Luke and I went in his room together (like we always do in the morning) and sang “Happy Birthday” to him.  He smiled and is always happy to see us in the morning.  After we took Luke to school, we went to Target and Ethan got a Mickey Mouse ball (he seems to really like Mickey) and he got a cool tunnel for the playroom that has been a big hit (pictures below).  Then he got Chick-Fil-A nuggets for lunch.  That night we picked up two mini cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes (soooo goood and close to our new house!!!) and we sang to him and ate cake.  He loved the cake! Then we all went to Luke’s spring concert at school and met Ammy and PawPaw there.  Ethan was really good and loved watching the kids sing and clapped for the performances.  The big joint birthday party is on Saturday.  There’s no way I could have planned a party for him with all that has been going on—plus—I really just wanted to weasel myself in on Shauna’s awesome party planning abilities.

DSC_0285-1 DSC_0293-1

He goes to the doctor tomorrow for his one year well check and to get shots….which is never fun.  I'll write an update soon with his stats and some developmental stuff for my memories.  We took some pictures of him last night at the concert.  I think he looks so much like Mark. And that is a good thing!! He is such a sweet, happy boy.  We are extremely blessed!

 DSC_0292 DSC_0294

7 comments:

Mrs. Colleen Ford said...

OH MY GOSH - He is sooooo cute! LOVE the two little teeth!

Stephanie said...

He is just too much! I mean, that sweet face!

Shauna Lynn said...

he is totally mini Mark. Glad he had a fun birthday... p.s. I can't wait to go to nothing bundt cakes by your house.

Jim and Sharon said...

Ethan is growing so quickly. Love the way he and Luke laugh and play together.
Happy Birthday, Ethan! You are loved.

Cristi said...

So dang cute! Happy Birthday Ethan! Can't wait to see ya'll and the new digs. Might have to make a playdate and go to Nothing Bundt Cakes :) Yummy! Love & miss ya'll.

Tom said...

He is such a handsome little guy. He has a sweet personality and such a precious smile. He is a gift from God. I love him so much. Love, Nana

Longineswatch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.