Disclaimer: this is really long and probably boring but I want to remember these details....
On that Tuesday we had two showings--which was great for a Tuesday. The next day (Wednesday) around 5:30, a realtor called and said she had shown the house the day before and her client was ready to make a decision and could they possibly see the house again at 7 that evening. Of course we said yes and got everything looking perfect. It was horrible timing because Ethan had missed most of his afternoon nap and I was planning to put him to bed early but we were obviously not going to turn down the showing.
On Thursday morning we heard from our realtor that the person had made an offer! We were so excited. We countered back and she accepted it and by that afternoon we had a contract on our house. The lady is paying cash for the house and the only catch was that she wanted to close on the house on March 9!! That's next Wednesday. We agreed to the closing but asked to lease the house back for a week, so now we have to be out of our house by March 16. I can't believe it. Two weeks from today we will be moving out. So, it ended up taking 27 days for our house to sell. I think the staging helped. Everyone that looked at the house gave us positive feedback and we had 2 almost offers before our real offer finally came through. But ultimately I think it boils down to your price. We were realistic for our neighborhood so I think that is why it sold (relatively) quickly in this market. And we are actually going to walk away with some money. I still can't believe that. I had prepared for the worst.
The day we got our contract we went to see two houses that were new on the market but we didn't love either one as much as the one we had made an offer on. So, on Friday we made our offer again on the house we loved and they agreed since we now had a contract on our house.
So I went from despair on Monday to elation on Friday. My parents and Mark's parents came on Saturday to see it and they all gave it their seal of approval. We had the inspection on Tuesday and nothing major came up so we are all set to close on March 25. We will be homeless from March 16 through March 25. THANKFULLY we have two sets of parents to stay with during the time. We are going to split the time between my parents' and Mark's parents' house. It is going to be stressful, for sure, but definitely worth it in the end. Right now I am calling movers and getting quotes and we are trying to start getting ready. March 15 will be here before we know it and I ALWAYS underestimate how much work moving really is and I always say I never want to do it again.
Well, there is the saga of our home sale and new home purchase. I am so ready to leave this neighborhood but I know I will feel some feelings of sadness when we move out of this house--the only house Luke and Ethan have ever known. But those feelings will pretty much immediately replaced with feelings of joy thinking about the new house.
5 comments:
This story is great! See, Suzanne you were so worried and now you are homeless because it all happened so fast. I can't wait to hear all the details of the new house and come visit you.
Jeśli pragniesz żyć dłużej niż tysiąc lat szukaj tego co pożyteczne dla wszystkich i uciekaj od niszczycieli zdrowia.
That is an amazing testimony! When events unfold so timely, God's will is very evident. I am so happy for you!
Hey great blog tell me how mine is i just started .. anyhelp and advice will be greatly apperciated :) have a good day
Honestly I'm just here for free publicity, flipping through blogs posting my URL, but when I saw yours I actually stopped to read it. You write as a caring loving person with detail and character.
So please visit my blog!
www.friedtofurky.blogspot.com
Post a Comment