Ethan turned four months old last Thursday. We had his well-check that day and here are his stats:
15 lbs 6.4 oz (49%)
25 1/4 inches (55%)
I feel like he is a big baby but apparently he is average. He is smaller than Luke was at this age by about a pound and an inch. I guess I spoke too soon last month about the whole sleeping through the night thing. Because I think the very night I posted that he started waking up again. It was a nice 10 or so days though while it lasted. He is a good sleeper for the most part. He slept from 8:00 to 4:30 last night and then went back to sleep after I fed him until 7. The doctor said we could go ahead and start with solids, so we bought some rice cereal but haven’t started it yet. The doctor also said we should wean him off swaddling sometime during his fourth month so that should be fun. :)
He is such a sweet little guy. He is really growing up. He sits in the Bumbo quite a bit and we started putting him in the exersaucer some. We also started putting him in the high chair while we eat dinner, so that has been nice. Just this past Saturday, he took his first nap in the swing. Up until now he hasn’t been a fan of the swing but we kept trying and he finally seems to like it better. He LOVES watching Luke. He always tries to make sure Luke is in his line of vision. He smiles a lot. It is kind of tough to get laughs out of him but when we do it is so cute. He loves to blow raspberries and talks to us a lot. He started teething this month for sure and drools a ton.
On another note, I am losing MASSIVE amounts of hair. I remember this from last time but it still just seems wrong. How am I not bald yet? It is driving me crazy and my hair is all over everything, including Ethan. I am ready for this to be done but then I will start getting the weird baby hair, so I’m not really looking forward to that either.
Here are pictures of Ethan’s fourth month:
7 comments:
Suzanne, I could just squeeze him! He is SOOO stinking cute! I love reading about him and what he is doing, especially since Porter is just a little behind him. Can't wait for these guys to play together at the next reunion.
He is a doll! I love his little expressions--such a flirt! He will grow up all too soon.
Love all of the updates. Can't wait for the next one.
Ammy
I miss him (and all of you so much). I didn't think a baby could get cuter than Luke, but Ethan is giving him a good run for the money. His smile just melts my heart.
Keep the photos coming.
Love to all,
Uncle David
i can't believe he's already 4 months old. he IS just getting cuter and cuter.
amen about the hair loss... what is the deal? i'm going to have some wicked regrowth sideburns this time!
What a beautiful baby he is! I am glad he got a good check-up. Give him a kiss for me. Love, Aunt Pat
what a cutie pie! thanks for the update!! can't wait to see you guys sometime soon!
Ethan is such a precious gift to us all. I love his smile. Love the pictures. He is going to have so much fun chasing his big brother. I miss getting to be with you guys on Wednesdays. Love you all, Nana
Post a Comment