Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Two Months

DSC_0377 Ethan turned two months old on Saturday. I can’t believe how fast he is growing up already. I took him to the doctor today for his two month well check. Here are his stats:

Weight: 13 lbs 6.4 oz (75-90%)

Length: 23 in (50-75%)

FOC (head): 39.8 cm (50-75%)

I got out Luke’s old two month well check paperwork to compare. They are basically the same size. Luke was 13 lbs 2.5 oz, 23.5 in, and 40.8 cm FOC. Ethan is a little chunky monkey just like his brother was. I’ll say it again—I LOVE chunky babies!

Both boys were in bed ASLEEP before 8:00 tonight. That has to be some sort of a record. Sadly, the time is coming for Luke to drop his afternoon nap. This is a day I never wanted to come. But on days like this when he doesn’t nap he goes to bed really easily.

Ethan’s sleep is pretty good. Last night he slept from 9 p.m. until about 4:15 a.m. and then I fed him and he slept until 7:30. But that is by no means how it is every night. Tonight since he was asleep before 8, I don’t know when he will wake up. I think he was worn out from getting his shots today. Most nights his first stretch of sleep at night is at least 6 hours, so that is definitely progress from a month ago. Naps are still all over the place. I told the doctor today that I feel like some days I spend the entire day trying to get him to sleep and I don’t get to spend quality time with Luke. He told me that Ethan is old enough, big enough, and healthy enough to cry a little bit. So, I am going to let him try to get to sleep without me rocking him. He goes to bed great at night, I’m not sure why naps are such a challenge. I thought I had to wait until 4 months to start sleep training but I am glad to know I can do it now.

Overall, I still think he is a happy and easygoing baby. He does get overstimulated so we have to be careful about that. But if he is getting his naps he is happy. He is smiling a lot. He smiles at us and at different little toys he recognizes. He has a sweet little voice and he coos quite a bit.

We love him more and more every day! Here are some pictures from the past month and some from his two month photo shoot on Saturday.

1and2monthcompare copy

DSC_0371-1

DSC_0324-2 DSC_0321-2-2 DSC_0575

DSC_0559 DSC_0564

DSC_0533

3 comments:

Shauna Lynn said...

so cute. i feel like i haven't seen him in forever. i love that bathtub picture. i tried to do the old weigh with the baby and subtract... and if accurate... eli is 13 pounds too. we'll see for real on monday.

Jim and Sharon said...

Ethan is beautiful and mellow and just a perfect little angel. We love the pictures. How blessed we are to have Luke and Ethan in our lives.
Love,
Ammy and PawPaw

P.S. I am sure Luke thinks it is cool not to take a nap. Not cool for a SuperHero to have to take power-naps.

Amber said...

I love the pictures! It's time for me to meet the little guy!