Thursday, July 9, 2009

DSC_0021

We had a wonderful 4th of July at Ammy and PawPaw’s house.  Jim and Sharon hosted more than 80 people at their house on the 4th!! Can you believe that?  It was so much fun and the food was wonderful.  We had a great time catching up with friends and watching Luke play with all of his little friends too.  In fact, I was having so much fun that I didn’t take a single picture.  I wish I had taken some—but Sharon and Shauna took some with their cameras so I will have to get some from them.  We especially enjoyed spending Lily’s 2nd birthday with her. 

I haven’t been good about taking pictures lately.  I took a few today while Luke and Lily played in the backyard.  Maggie (Mark’s aunt) completely restored this tricycle that Mark and David used to ride when they were little.  Luke and Lily had a good time playing with it today.  You can see Luke’s latest boo-boo in the picture.  A couple of weekends ago, he jumped off the chair and hit the corner of the wall.  It bled quite about and we debated whether to go in for stitches but opted not to go.  It seems to be healing fine.  The purple stuff is the Mederma that we are putting on religiously in hopes that it doesn’t leave too bad of a scar. 

DSC_0018

DSC_0019

DSC_0022

On Tuesday, I took Luke to a movie theater for the first time ever.  There is a free kid’s movie every Tuesday during the summer and we decided to try it out.  They were showing the Veggie Tales movie about pirates.  I bought Luke the little kid’s meal of popcorn, sprite, and skittles.  He had a great time eating his popcorn and once he was done with that—he was ready to go! :)  We made it through about 25 minutes of the movie.  I wish they would show Toy Story or Finding Nemo.  I know he would love to see one of those movies on the big screen.  I think I will take him again because it is a fun little FREE outing.

5 comments:

David James said...

The free movie day is a good find! Did you run into Brenda while you were there?

The Fourth was so much fun and was extra special because of Lily's b-day and Lukie B's attendance at the parade.

Uncle David

Anonymous said...

too cute!!!!!! i love that you guys tried out the movie...how fun!! i wish we had stuff like that to do here!

Shauna Lynn said...

cute pictures... especially like the one of lily choking luke. the 4th was lots of fun. I'm so glad that Jim and Sharon do that. why didn't you mention Lukie's big accomplishment today!?

Stephanie said...

Gavin is going to have to get that Yo Gabba Gabba shirt that Luke has on! He LOVES that show!

Tom said...

It was a little hard for Luke to drive B-bug around while holding Batman and the Batmobile,too. It really is a great tricycle. They don't make them like that anymore. Maggie did an amazing job restoring it. Love you all, Nana